- Work collaboratively with teams of health services researchers and business analysts to draw insight and intelligence from electronic medical records and various healthcare registry datasets
- Engage with internal or external stakeholders to translate business questions and potential health applications into statistical and machine learning paradigms.
- Identify appropriate models, technologies, and experiments to create analytical solutions that improve patient experience.
- Create innovative solutions integrating multiple data sources and using supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Leverage statistical programming languages and packages with an emphasis on open source software such as R, Python, and other big data technologies.
- Utilize SQL to perform advanced-level data extraction, transformation, and data management; fully document and manage library of source code and algorithms for future use;
- Use data visualization tools to deliver insights to stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Experience developing analytical solutions using statistical methods and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with data wrangling, data cleaning and prep, dimensionality reduction.
- Experience using Python, TensorFlow or PyTorch to develop deep learning models.
- Experience querying data from relational databases using SQL.
- Strong academic background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or similar discipline preferred.
- Data visualization skills and ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audience.
- Passionate about data, analysis, and insights.
- An openness and willingness to try new things and to fail.
- PhD or better in Bioinformatics or related field
- 2+ years of experience using advanced algorithms, programming languages, or technologies in the development of machine learning, and deep learning solutions
- 2+ years of professional experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- 1+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) tools, such as Big Query, and AI Platform