Resource Efficiency Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The REM II shall work towards accomplishing Fort Polk’s energy goals by helping to establish and support all efficiency and resilience initiatives, including analyzing utility data; conducting audits; helping to update Installation Energy & Water Plans (IEWP), annual energy reports and other taskers as needed; identifying and implementing energy projects; providing guidance on energy project funding mechanisms such as Energy Resilience and Conservation Investment Program (ERCIP), Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESC), Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC), and other sources; and providing guidance on measurement and verification protocols. In addition, REM support services shall provide knowledge about Executive Orders and other energy policies; and assist with awareness and behavioral change efforts to optimize the use of utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, electricity, coal, water and wastewater.
Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s in engineering degree and/or active Professional Engineering License with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy management
- An Environmental Science, Business, or related degree with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in energy management
- A two-year technical degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in energy management
- Or no degree with a minimum of 7 up to 12 years’ experience in energy management.
- Proven performance in military engineering and/or energy management
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is required but can be obtained within the first year of employment
- Experience with energy auditing, project development, life-cycle cost analysis, and building/facility operations
- Understanding of project programming, funding, and implementation at Department of Defense installations
- Must have expert system experience in Excel, Power Point, Word, Adobe, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills coupled with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, driven and able to work with limited direction under target timelines
- Collaborative personality enjoys and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and solve problems daily is required
- Additional Preferred Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Documented ability to achieve substantial energy and maintenance savings in facility management
- Demonstrated ability to develop an energy and maintenance baseline
- Professional Engineering (PE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk through areas with industrial equipment and processes.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a periodic basis, bend, stand, climb, and walk.
- Must be able to work safely in moderate noisy environment.
- REM will attend initial REM training and an annual REM workshop in Huntsville, AL and will attend one energy conference per year, typically Energy Exchange
- Must have a valid State-issued driver’s license; candidate may be required to operate personal vehicle and must have Auto insurance coverage of at least $100k liability
AddressFort Polk, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Redhorse Corporation
Get fresh Resource Efficiency Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.