Resource Efficiency Manager (REM)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Redhorse Corporation is hiring a Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) III to work on task with the Army Materiel Command (AMC) remotely. The REM III shall work towards accomplishing Army energy goals by supporting facility repair and construction activities, including providing design review comments; helping to develop Installation Energy & Water Plans (IEWP); project management support; identification of energy savings and resiliency projects, preparation of DD1391s, construction coordination and oversight; supporting Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS) to ensure proper reporting of data; drafting reports and presentations; and other support activities to ensure that energy efficiency measures and water conservation measures are incorporated into new construction, Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) projects, Utility Energy Services Contract (UESC) projects, Energy Resilience and Conservation Investment Program (ERCIP) projects, Facilities Repair and Renovations (FRR) projects, and other energy-funded projects. In addition, REM support services shall include the promotion, education, and adoption of energy and water resources conservation and management activity assistance necessary to optimize the use of installation utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, coal, electricity, water, and wastewater.
Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience OR degree in related field and 10 years of energy experience, or equivalent combination
- Proven performance in military engineering and/or energy management
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is required or should be obtained with first year of employment
- Experience with energy auditing, project development, life-cycle cost analysis, and building/facility operations
- Understanding of project programming, funding, and implementation at Department of Defense installations
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy project using alternative financing mechanisms, including ESPC, and UESCs
- Must have expert system experience in Excel, Power Point, Word, Adobe, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills coupled with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, driven and able to work with limited direction under target timelines
- Collaborative personality enjoys and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and solve problems daily is required
Additional Preferred Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials:
- Documented ability to achieve substantial energy and maintenance savings in facility management
- Demonstrated ability to develop an energy and maintenance baseline
- Professional Engineering (PE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must be able to walk through areas with industrial equipment and processes.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a periodic basis, bend, stand, climb, and walk.
- Must be able to work safely in moderate noisy environment.
- Must have a valid State-issued driver’s license; candidate may be required to operate personal vehicle and must have Auto insurance coverage of at least $100k liability
- Business travel is required; 25% - 50% out of town travel
- REM will support AMC installations Iowa Army Ammunition Plant, IA; Crane Army Ammunition Activity, IN; Pine Bluff Arsenal, AR; but may be called on to work on teams supporting other AMC installations in the continental U.S.
- REM will travel to each site 6 times per year on average, up to 5 days per trip
- REM will attend initial REM training and an annual REM workshop in Huntsville, AL and will attend one energy conference per year, typically Energy Exchange
BusinessView all jobs at Redhorse Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?