ReddyIce Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Worker Time TypeFull time
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the reliable operation and maintenance of the plant’s manufacturing systems and physical property. Included activities are preventive maintenance, equipment trouble shooting, spare parts ordering and inventory, and small physical property repairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct preventive maintenance on production equipment; troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment.
2. Sets up production line and ensures that manufacturing equipment is functional and supplies are ready. Ensure that the reverse osmosis system is functional, gauge tolerance levels and assess water quality.
3. Tests production quality by visually inspecting ice for clarity, cube size, and hole space.
4. Minor facility and building grounds maintenance including changing light bulbs, painting, and minor plant structural repairs.
5. Order and inventory spare parts needed for production equipment and to conduct general facility maintenance.
6. Schedule and assist vendor personnel including chemical technicians who treat water towers, skilled tradesmen, minor project installations (reverse osmosis systems), and grounds maintenance crews.
7. This position may be required to assist with bagging product and occasionally directs production workflow based on production equipment output.
8. Identify and bring opportunities for continuous process improvement to Plant Manager’s attention.
9. Complete safety checklists as required by the Safety/Risk Management Department.
10. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
11. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Plant Manager, Plant employees, Regional VP, VP Engineering
External: Vendors, Contractors
NONE Although this position may be asked to assist with directing production workflow, it is an individual contributor position and does not have any direct reports. Maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with vendors, suppliers and contractors. Demonstrate a commitment to Reddy Ice’s values and priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Technical program degree (associates) or certificate is preferred; minimum of 2 years of packaging or food industry maintenance experience or 3+ years of electrical, refrigeration, or other general mechanical experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions vary from normal office conditions to all areas inside and outside of plant. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations, electrical hazards, ammonia and heavy moving equipment. The job requires working nights and weekends with occasional travel. Requires an eye for detail and ability to organize
Real EstateView all jobs at ReddyIce