Worker Time TypeFull time
This position ensures that Reddy Ice field service equipment is well-maintained and functioning properly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts repairs, service, installations, removals, and preventive maintenance on Ice Factory Systems, Ice Link, Shelf X, and company boxes. Works at customer locations and within refurbishment centers.
2. Service any water leak work orders first as these are considered high priority.
3. Performs machine audits as assigned, inspects machinery for proper working condition, system cleanliness, and exterior aesthetics.
4. Tests machines as assigned to confirm compliance with all federal, state, and local water/ice quality regulations.
5. Cleans machine exteriors and performs complete sanitization of machines at on-site locations as assigned.
6. Regularly attends company sponsored FEST training as required.
7. Ensures that tools and equipment are in good working order. Maintains spare parts inventory on truck and communicates need for additional supplies. Assists Supervisor in management of parts and supply inventory levels.
8. Drives a Customer Centric Culture by engaging in respectful, consistent communication with our customers while striving to promote outstanding customer service.
9. Communicates opportunities for SOP improvement to the FESM Manager. Contributes to peer discussions regarding equipment maintenance and cleanliness best practices via Skype, conference calls, and through other technology.
10. Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, managers, and the general public at all times. This includes, operating company vehicle safely and in accordance with all applicable laws of the road, reporting to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work
As of 2/5/2018
at the designated start time, immediately reporting any accidents/injuries, and strict adherence to
safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
11. Able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or managers with other duties as
12. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics and individual store policy and procedure is essential.
We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to
the highest ethical standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimal Travel with potential for overnight. Weekend and night work is a requirement of the position.
May perform work in retail stores; driving between retail stores and plant location. Must be able to lift
60lbs. plus utilize installation lift equipment. Ability to climb ladders and work with light duty tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years repair experience in maintenance, electrical, plumbing, or refrigeration
trade. Preferred ice business experience or related food production industry.
Must have valid driver’s license (operator’s/Class C) and good driving record – will be required
to use company vehicle at times. Assist in maintaining company vehicle to the scheduled
Desire and willingness to learn additional trade skills as directed by company.
Maintain internal company testing requirements above 80% level for all company training
High School diploma, Trade School Certificate in refrigeration, or equivalent experience
Level 1 EPA in refrigeration required. This position is expected to attain a Universal EPA in
refrigeration within 1 year of hire.
Basic computer and handheld skills needed and ability to follow reporting SOPs via handheld.