Worker Time TypeFull time
This position ensures that Reddy Ice field service equipment is well-maintained and functioning properly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drives a Customer Centric Culture by engaging in respectful, consistent communication with
our customers while striving to promote outstanding customer service.
2. Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, managers, and the general public
at all times. This includes, operating company vehicle safely and in accordance with all
applicable laws of the road, reporting to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work
at the designated start time, immediately reporting any accidents/injuries, and strict adherence to
safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
Regularly attends company sponsored FEST training as required. Regularly attends company
sponsored RM training as required. Contributes to discussions regarding equipment
maintenance/productivity and best practices via Skype, conference calls, and through other
3. Conform to each store location’s policies regarding vendor delivery and back door receiving
times. Complete all routes as assigned.
4. Conducts repairs, service, installations, removals, and preventive maintenance on Ice Factory
Systems, Ice Link, Shelf X, and company boxes. Works at customer locations and within
5. Service any water leak work orders first as these are considered high priority.
6. Performs machine audits as assigned, inspects machinery for proper working condition, system
cleanliness, and exterior aesthetics.
7. Tests machines as assigned to confirm compliance with all federal, state, and local water/ice
8. Ensures that tools and equipment are in good working order. Maintains spare parts inventory on
truck and communicates need for additional supplies. Assists Supervisor in management of
parts and supply inventory levels.
9. Manage bag inventory at retail stores; invoice and/or credit bags when selling new boxes of bags,
or per retailer policy; submit a sale/credit report to supervisor at least monthly.
10. Communicates opportunities for SOP improvement to the FESM Manager. Contributes to peer
discussions regarding equipment maintenance and cleanliness best practices via Skype,
conference calls, and through other technology.
11. Maximize the production of bagged ice at each location by back stocking ice to the freezer vaults
or backroom freezer. Move ice to satellite locations as necessary. Rotate ice during every visit
and maintain an organized, well-stacked display case.
12. Fully and accurately complete the log located in each machine during every visit. Submit the log
to management at the end of each month, along with the last bi-weekly checklist.
13. Service Ice Factory machines according to designated Ice Factory Playbook schedule, to include
clearing codes, fixing bag jams, replacing grippers, sealing tape, and testing the water quality.
Cleans, services, and sanitizes machines according to company guidelines. Completes checklists
obtains store manager signatures as required.
14. Maintain company vehicle per SOP/vehicle servicing schedule.
15. Immediately report any major machine or company vehicle issues to management.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
17. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all
else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.