ReddyIce Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Worker Time TypeFull time
At Reddy Ice, we are working toward a vision of becoming North America’s “Total Ice Solution.” The Plant Manager is a change leader responsible for providing leadership and management to plant operations. Provides management oversight for the day-to-day operations and proper functioning of a plant, to include Manufacturing, Distribution, Delivery Execution, Maintenance, Sales, Environmental Health & Safety, and Purchasing. This position will support and create processes and activities within functional areas, and works to support the development of new business and maintenance of current businesses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieve financial goals
- Track P&L metrics and participate in financial analysis & planning
- Assist the Market Manager to develop and manage the annual Capital expenditure, sales forecasts, P&L management for assigned plant.
- Review & approve invoices, expenses & other accounting reports as required by policy.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements capital improvement projects that contributes to increased efficiencies relative to company goals and objectives
- Track budgets and progress towards monthly / annual sales & profit targets
- Supports Market Manager by helping prepare, analyze, and reconcile financial reports in order to meet markets strategic initiatives as needed
- Discuss financial performance with Market Manager as needed define and execute plans for financial corrections.
2. Identify and implement improvement efforts.
- Promote a performance-driven and continuous-improvement environment for manufacturing operations. Foster innovation and creativity within the plant.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve KPI’s particularly decreasing CPU (cost per unit) and maintaining quality, efficiency and customer service.
- Evaluates manufacturing, production and logistics processes for improved efficiencies at assigned plant.
- Work with the Market Manager to provide insights on process improvement opportunities for safety, quality, delivery, production and cost reduction. Gain approval, develop plans and lead the implementation.
3. Manage operational plant performance.
- Responsible for all manufacturing and logistics related activities for assigned plant.
- Oversee production to ensure fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Ensure on schedule and on budget delivery.
- Assess plant performance against Operating Plans & Standards. Ensure plant performance meets area goals and exceeds customer requirements.
- Maintain the plant’s PSM\RMP and HACCP programs
- Maintain Preventive Maintenance program and make updates as needed
- Incident commander/responder in the event of Hazmat leak or spill
4. Management of Delivery Execution.
- Manages hiring, training, and performance of all Hub DSD drivers as applicable either directly or in support of a Distribution Supervisor(s).
- Manages driver scheduling, delivery execution & DVM board to include DNS, SAS, OOS
- Manages performance and drive improvement in scorecard metrics.
- Ensures all deliveries are made safely and efficiently including DSD, transport and special events.
- Manages HUB delivery staff including scheduling and driver check-in.
- Drives safety & compliance as a priority including DQ files, hours of service, daily vehicle inspection report and accident reporting and completion.
- Manages handheld, fuel card and fleet.
5. Drive a safety focused culture
- Emphasize safety programs and initiatives and assure the highest standard of safety throughout the plant and distribution centers.
- Track and monitor safety metrics and communicate these metrics to plant staff.
- Investigate & review accidents & injuries with follow-up as necessary. Ensure timely and accurate documentation is completed.
6. Create a positive culture that supports personnel development and growing strong talent.
- Manages staffing requirements for increased labor efficiencies to meet plant objectives.
- Establishes standards of performance including timely and accurate use of the performance management process to evaluate and communicate effectiveness and suggestions for development opportunities.
- Conduct staff meetings to communicate key information and ensure messages are cascaded down into the organization.
- Supervise, develop, and coach supervisors at the plant.
- Work with management team to support employees on their growth and development. Motivate employees to contribute at their full potential.
- Identify top talent and be a mentor and advisor for these high performing employees. Outline succession plans to identify growth opportunities for top talent.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of direct employees and interview for key positions.
- Develop and maintain a favorable employee relations environment.
- Partner with Human Resources to establish, drive and maintain all people practices and ensure 100% adherence to established timelines.
7. May need to assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
8. Adheres to the Code of Business Ethics; values honesty and integrity above all else; expects Plant and Regional employees to also be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
- Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
- Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
Internal: RVP, Market Manager, RHRM, Regional Operations Manager, Plant and DC Managers, Manufacturing and Processing Employees.
External: Outside contact when ordering and picking up supplies, or working special events
OPERATING RESPONSIBILITIES: The Plant Manager ensures efficiency, safety, quality throughout the plant. They own and manage plant P&L to control costs and drive performance. They identify process improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and oversee operational performance to ensure consistent and superior customer service, while also building a strong culture that develops employees.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Has direct or indirect supervision of all Plant employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) yrs. experience in ice business or related food production industry with an understanding of seasonal demand.
- 4+ years of leadership/management experience in a large manufacturing environment.
- Quick change environment experience preferred. Ability to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing & distribution capabilities, process improvements, root cause analysis, and computer skills.
- Project management or technical leadership experience.
- Results oriented with a high level of organization and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and mentor resources.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have valid driver’s license & good driving record – will be required to use company vehicle at times.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conditions vary from normal office conditions to all areas inside and outside of a plant. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations, electrical hazards, ammonia and heavy moving equipment.
- Minimal travel required
- The job requires working nights and weekends. On-call availability is expected.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- The job requires excellent manual dexterity and the ability to think quickly under pressure
- The employee will be required to occasionally stand and walk within a plant environment.
ManufacturingView all jobs at ReddyIce