Manager, Procurement & Supply Chain
Reddy Ice Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manager, Procurement & Supply Chain is responsible for the company’s strategic sourcing and procurement function, including acquisition of all materials, equipment, OTR transportation, and services. Duties include management of inventory, expenses, and vendors through KPI development and measurement – and also full management of the P2P cycle in partnership with accounting and leveraging Microsoft Dynamics AX and Next Process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Sourcing / Procurement – to secure annual cost-savings targets:
- Perform market and supplier analyses, facilitate the bid/proposal process, develop and use supplier evaluation criteria, formulate contracts and amendments
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business needs
- Support national/regional sourcing strategies
- Develop and execute RFIs and RFPs for sourcing initiatives
Supplier Management – to maximize the value of every partnership:
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including supplier development, KPIs and process/cost improvements
- Develop and maintain suppliers capable of meeting/exceeding quality, cost, timing, technology, and service requirements
- Interface with existing and prospective suppliers to understand all offerings
- Support company target objectives by ensuring supplier commitment to quality improvement programs and cost reducing initiatives
Inventory Management – to reduce costs:
- Establish and deploy strategies for inventory optimization and replenishment
- Ensure lean inventories and avoidance of OOS
- Drive process improvement for internal efficiencies
Purchasing Compliance Management – to reduce waste:
- Define improvements to process and technology and partner with Accounting and IT to execute improvements
- Drive cost savings vs. approved baselines
- Manage contract compliance for all external purchases
- Develop reporting metrics on spend/contract compliance and communicate results
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations, laws
Contract Management – to maximize value and reduce risk:
- Maintain company contract repository and supplier listings
- Develop strategy to notify internal stakeholders of impending contract expiration dates and prioritize timing of renegotiation, extension, or cancellation
Demand Management – to reduce cost:
- Internal benchmarking of consumption to understand variance between locations
- Define and share best practices
Must thoroughly understand and use Lean Six Sigma Methodologies to manage small and large scale projects.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Adhere to the Code of Business Ethics. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
None, this is an individual contributor role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position primarily works in a typical office environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment. This position has up to 20% travel to field locations, where the employee will be required to walk and stand in manufacturing plants, including freezers. A valid driver's license and acceptable MVR are required. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships and reason through complex business situations is essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement, logistics, inventory management, sourcing, or supplier management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preparing RFI’s, RFP’s and bid agreements and negotiating with suppliers, subcontractors and/or customers.
- 3 years project management skills, PMP preferred but not required.
- Proficient in analyzing Procure-to-Pay processes including knowledge and application of ERP systems (working knowledge in MS AX a plus).
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Experience evaluating or monitoring contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Advanced analytical skills and proficiency MS Office (specifically in Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience working in Food & Beverage manufacturing or supply chain preferred.
Reddy IceWhy Work Here?
Awesome Leadership, Opportunites for growth
Behind every frozen, delicious cube of Reddy Ice is a company that values consistency, quality, and service above all else. Our nationwide customer base has come to expect the highest standards in product quality, delivery and flexible service options. This commitment to exceptional service is why we are one of America’s leading brands in ice production and manufacturing.
BusinessView all jobs at Reddy Ice