Director, Business Intelligence Architect and Delivery
Reddy Ice Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking visionary leader who can lead transformational change. The Business Intelligence Architect & Delivery Director will accelerate business value realization by leveraging available and emerging platforms that personify enterprise architecture in Master Data Management, Business Analytics, Data Warehousing, and Machine Learning Technologies. This role is represented as a core member of the IT Leadership Team. This position will direct and oversee the team responsible for design and development of systems used for managing data and business intelligence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- End-to-end responsibility for creating, aligning, architecting and delivering Data & Business Intelligence enterprise and creating a Business Intelligence roadmap.
- Deliver all architectural aspects related to Master Data, ML, Data Lakes, Business Intelligence including the end-to-end reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Lead Business Intelligence reporting support, maintenance and project delivery team to deliver to the agreed upon data & reporting Architecture through facilitation, partnerships, flawless execution and focused customer satisfaction.
- Deploy forward looking actionable BI & Data architecture and ensure alignment with Strategic Roadmaps, Enterprise Blueprints, and Technology Standards.
- Drive proof-of-concept and industry benchmarking efforts to set strategic reference architectures that enable new business capabilities within BI scope and then deliver to it.
- Drive consistency and quality of the Architecture artifacts (business process architecture, data & reporting architecture, Data Lakes, and Machine learning architecture) in partnering with Enterprise Solution Architect.
- Design data models for high volume data management, real-time and distributed data process that aligns with business processes.
- Identify, analyze, scope, and drive resolution to data issues such as retention issues, purging, etc.
- Bring external benchmarks and inputs into decision making to keep the solution current/leading edge, thus contributing to the competitive value of Business Intelligence and Master Data Management
- Research, promote and develop data, BI & ML architecture, best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Conduct architecture assessments during feasibility, dimensioning, and technical reviews; provide in-depth architectural support during various phases of assigned projects.
- Engage with Project/Program teams to ensure SDLC deliverables meet or exceed expectations.
- Advise senior management on the data, BI & ML technology within business areas/regions.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: This role interacts with all corporate departments, including IT, Finance, Sales, Operations, Administration, and Executive Committee members
External: Vendors, customers, and 3rd party partners
Responsible for the entire data warehouse, which contains customer, pricing, and financial data which impacts the company’s financial transactions and customer service.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related field is required; a Masters is preferred
- 10+ years experience in implementing a best practices in BI, ML, Data Lakes, Master Data Management, Data Science/Standards/Definitions, Data Quality, and Big Data.
- 6+ years experience in data modeling and database design, both relational and multi-dimensional
- 6+ years experience with data migration tools and business intelligence tools
- 8+ years experience in SQL, PL/SQL and other data analysis tools, relational databases, AS400, and SQL servers
- Proven experience in enterprise integration with a focus on cloud computing and traditional ERP (Microsoft AX) and DW environments.
- Experience with the various tools & frameworks of the Data & BI ecosystem that supports real-time analytics and actions. QLIK View/Sense and Power BI experience is desirable.
- Experience with Cloud based data technologies and integration methodologies/ tools.
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing ETL and Relational Database Systems.
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms.
- Proven and credible business knowledge and experience in the applications that are supported across the Consumer Product Goods industry.
- Must have experience driving strategic roadmaps, initiatives, programs or projects that enable blueprint realization.
- Must have experience in developing strategies and roadmaps with IT architecture focus (e.g., technology blueprints, business process harmonization blueprints, systems integration maps, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective.
- Proven ability to manage team within a matrixed structure.
- Demonstrated understanding and management of financial processes and results related to projects, departmental budgets, and enterprise.
- Deep technical knowledge of information technology relevant to major business processes.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and building strong cross-functional partnerships required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
No travel required. Typical office environment, generally sedentary position using computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Weekend and evening work may be required. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships and reason through complex business situations is essential.
Reddy IceWhy Work Here?
Awesome Leadership, Opportunites for growth
Behind every frozen, delicious cube of Reddy Ice is a company that values consistency, quality, and service above all else. Our nationwide customer base has come to expect the highest standards in product quality, delivery and flexible service options. This commitment to exceptional service is why we are one of America’s leading brands in ice production and manufacturing.
TechnologyView all jobs at Reddy Ice