Analyst, Distributor/Co-Packer Accounting
Reddy Ice Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Analyst, Distributor Accounting provides analytical support to the Distributor/Co-packer Accounting department. This role is responsible for account reconciliation, research and analysis, and assists with financial reporting and budget forecasting and performance. This role also acts as a liaison between the customer, collections and accounts payable team to resolve accounts receivable and payable situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes data, identifies anomalies, corrects accounting issues, and provides actionable insight to internal and external customers.
- Assists with regular evaluation of current processes and tools and makes recommendations for best practices.
- Prepares documentation and analytical reports that effectively summarize results into actionable data.
- Reviews and evaluates adherence to expense reimbursement and rebates programs per company policies and contractual agreements.
- Analyzes customer outstanding balances, maintains good working relationships with distributor and regional managers to identify collection/payment disputes and assists with resolving any errors.
- Assists the collections and accounts payable team to reconcile and complete complex payment applications.
- Creates, analyzes and summarizes various weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports.
- Maintains a portfolio of accounts that are large dollar and high volume.
- Assists with compliance with the annual external audit, internal audit recommendations, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Supports the Senior Analysts in the P&L analysis of actual results compared to budget, forecast and prior year for monthly and annual plans for distributors and copackers. Works with the Senior Analysts on other ad hoc reports and analyses as requested.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Finance and Accounting Staff, Field Operations and Sales Teams
External: Co-packers, Distributors, and Customers
This position directly impacts the company’s decision to extend credit to distributors, and to what extent credit is granted.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting role
- Basic understanding of GAAP principles
- Intermediate expertise in Excel; intermediate expertise in the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft AX (Dynamics) or other ERP system
- Intermediate financial and accounting background – ability to analyze financial data and assess business impacts of initiatives
- Proven ability to work independently, cooperatively as a member of a team and to coordinate efforts and collaborate with a variety of individuals
- Proven ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Typical office environment, generally sedentary position using computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment. This position works in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex business situations is essential. Weekend and evening work may be required.
Reddy IceWhy Work Here?
Awesome Leadership, Opportunites for growth
Behind every frozen, delicious cube of Reddy Ice is a company that values consistency, quality, and service above all else. Our nationwide customer base has come to expect the highest standards in product quality, delivery and flexible service options. This commitment to exceptional service is why we are one of America’s leading brands in ice production and manufacturing.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Reddy Ice