As a Line Haul Driver for Reddaway you will operate in a network that is structured off of turn runs and single-night runs. Long standing tradition of providing excellent service while maintaining significant home time for our drivers. Team oriented. Great company to grow with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
- Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
- Complete daily log and all other necessary paperwork.
- Drop and hook trailers and change the configuration of equipment as necessary.
- Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install tire chains, manually crank dolly wheels, and fuel equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
- When hauling hazardous material determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
- Maintain and update driving and safety skills; keep CDL current with endorsements.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within Reddaway and the industry.
- Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Drive trucks with a swept trailer, and clean windows and mirrors.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Tanker and HazMat endorsements with TSA clearance.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
- Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, physical performance test, driving test on company equipment, and a TSA Security Threat Assessment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Reddaway has provided western regional coverage since 1919 that's over 100 years of service. Reddaway began as a premier service provider in the Pacific Northwest that has today grown to encompass all of the western United States. Reddaway has built a long-standing industry-leading tradition of next-day and two-day delivery service.
Number of employees: 2,600
Headquarters: Tualatin, Oregon, United States
Revenue: $335 Million +