Introduction / About the Company
Redbrick LMD is a diversified real estate investment management and development firm. It specializes in opportunistic and value-added residential and mixed-use projects with a focus on the Washington D.C. metro market. Redbrick LMD’s leadership team has significant experience in the acquisition and repositioning of existing projects, the entitlement and ground-up development of new projects, and the financial and legal structuring of transactions to maximize returns while mitigating risks for investors. The team has developed, redeveloped and managed over 5,000 multifamily units nationally. In addition, they have developed a substantial portfolio of mixed-use assets. Since 2000, the principals have closed on more than $2 billion in real estate transactions. Redbrick LMD has a current development pipeline of approximately four million square feet and is the largest private opportunity zone landowner in Washington, DC.
Real Estate Finance Associate Job Description
The Real Estate Finance Associate is an integral member of the Redbrick LMD team responsible for assisting the acquisitions, development and asset management departments with all aspects of financial feasibility throughout the project life-cycle. The Real Estate Finance Associate must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting the senior staff with the financial underwriting, modeling, budgeting and assessing of potential and current projects in multiple asset classes, including (but not limited to) the following:
• Underwrite potential and current real estate projects in multiple asset classes (Land, Office, Multifamily, Hotel and Retail).
• Perform financial modeling to implement plans and budgets consistent with Redbrick LMD’s development, acquisition, financing, leasing, operating and disposition strategies.
• Develop, analyze and update project proformas, budgets, and action plans throughout project life-cycle.
• Develop analytical tools to evaluate and report on the primary performance metrics of Redbrick LMD’s portfolio in the pre-construction, development, lease-up and management phases.
• Provide financial update reports to Redbrick LMD executives, partners, lenders and investors.
• Perform market research and analysis of comparable properties in different Metropolitan DC submarkets.
• Assist development managers in analyzing, monitoring, and managing specific investments from closing through the disposition process.
• Support the acquisition staff in the due diligence and closing process.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in finance or economics preferred.
• Minimum of two to five years of real estate finance related work experience.
• Prior due diligence and acquisitions experience a plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of opportunity zones and experience with projects in Washington, DC preferred.
• Team player with strong leadership skills, problem solving skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize to achieve desired project/team goals and deadlines.
• Detail-oriented with the capability to execute tasks at a high level of accuracy.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability and willingness to learn quickly.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Local travel required and out of town travel may be required.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience.