Security Service Technician
Compensation: $30/hr - $40/hr depending on experience
RedRock Technologies, Inc. San Jose office is growing! We provide DAS, security and fire alarm, data cabling, A/V and Wi -Fi services and offer a career opportunity, not just a job.
Since RedRock was founded in 2002, we have enjoyed steady growth each year and 2020 continues to be another fantastic year for our company.
Our company has seen continued growth north of 40MM in revenue which includes DAS, Fire/Security and Structured Cabling and a re well positioned for the growth of 5G and CBRS.
This is a critically important position in the company – if you meet our standards, you will be part of a highly successful company with an opportunity for advancement.
The security service technician role works independently, has expert knowledge of low voltage installation, programming, and troubleshooting of Access Control, CCTV, and Burglar Alarms - Fire Alarm and A/V experience is a plus, communicates well (written and verbally) with customers, subordinates, supervisors, and other trades.
Security endorsements should include:
• Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Proficient in AMAG, Genetec, Avigilon, S2 and RS2 systems
• California Alarm Company Agent License
• AMAG Certification (Highly desired but not required)
• Genetec Certification (Highly desired but not required)
• The ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, and specifications operational/product manuals.
• The ability to perform installation, troubleshooting, programming, and commissioning of Low Voltage Systems to include Fire, Security/Access Control, CCTV, Telephone Entry, Audio Visual, Networking, Area of Refuge, PA Intercom and Sound Systems.
• Expert knowledge of all types of door hardware i.e. maglocks, strikes and electrified lever sets.
• Expert knowledge of proper wiring and use REX and PTE devices as well as relay logic.
• Ability to program and troubleshoot above listed systems.
• Must understand networking and IP addressing of medium to large LANs
• Must know how to setup network devices for offsite viewing or control.
• Advanced knowledge in the operation of basic pc programs and management software
• Manage adherence to contract scope, specifications, and code on assigned projects.
• Manage material to ensure appropriate vehicle inventory levels are maintained.
• Communicate with the Management team regarding scope changes, material charges, and labor management.
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service, and long -term relations.
• Respond to emergency service calls as necessary (able to accept on call hours).
• Service throughout San Jose and surrounding area as needed.
• Must be able to explain in simple terms issues and resolutions to customers
• Must be able to assist peers in advanced systems and programming.
• Must be able to work directly with customers at a high level of professionalism.
• Must have attention to detail • Be able to lift, push, and pull 50lbs. including overhead. • Able to pass a security background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol test
• The ability to identify, analyzes, diagnoses, and repair systems and products at customer's location.
• Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
• Documents work by completing work tickets and payroll reporting on each call throughout the work day.
• Determine parts (or additional parts) required to complete repairs and timeliness of need.
Job responsibilities / qualifications will include:
• Prepare and update service tickets, and all project/customer related documentation
• At least 5+ years of voice/data, security system, fire systems and other low voltage system installation experience.
• At least 2+ years of voice/data, security system, fire systems and other low voltage system SERVICE experience.
• Strong knowledge of electronics and associated circuitry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of local and national codes, NFPA72 & UBC, and construction safety requirements.
• Demonstrate and uphold all of RedRock Technologies core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
Final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation including criminal and motor vehicle check.
$30/hr - $40/hr depending on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Life, insurance plans.
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with company match.
• Basic Life/AD&D insurance.
• Long-Term Disability Insurance.
• Discounted AFLAC, Vision and Pet Plan are available at employee's expense.
• 401K Retirement plan with an employer match of $1 for $1 up to 4%.
• Vacation days, dependent on position.
• (5) Sick Days per year.
• Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Day.
Please visit our website at www.itredrock.com/careers to apply directly.
RedRock Technologies, IncRedRock Technologies, Inc is a company that performs many disciplines in the low voltage industry. Installations are primarily on new construction job sites in both the commercial and multi-family residential environments. RedRock is focused on maintaining an excellent team to provide a quality work environment for employees and quality installation and service for our customers. Please visit our website for more information about the company at www.ITredrock.com