Creative Director (Experiential Marketing)
RedPeg Marketing Alexandria, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
What We’re About:
Voted as one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces, we are an independent experiential marketing agency that connects brands to the consumers they need to reach through customized, personal engagement. Every day, we come together (for now, on Microsoft Teams!) to create experiences that inspire extraordinary memories. With offices in D.C. and Dubai, we work with a roster of incredible brands including Capital One, DISH Network, GEICO, Lidl, Niantic, Qatar Airways, Virginia Lottery and Yuengling. We’re looking for highly personable, passionate, and innovative marketers to join our team!
The Creative Director, Experiential Marketing is a highly creative, hyper-collaborative team player who draws out the best ideas and oversees top-notch execution in experience design. The Experiential CD is responsible for leading multi-disciplinary teams in assigned, event-driven campaigns and can successfully collaborate and communicate across departments.
A seasoned creative team, along with senior account leadership, executive producers, technical directors, and fabrication managers, spread across offices and time zones, form the base of your team. When you've finished, a small army of professionals look to you for ideation, inspiration, and we need a leader who eagerly embraces the challenge.
We need someone who treats clients like partners, listening first and then pitching them with unending enthusiasm and patience, and instilling nothing short of total confidence. You are a storyteller with not only the creative chops but a strategic mindset as well.
- Provide creative direction and manage experiential design on projects and across campaigns to have a unified focus delivering breakthrough creative and programming.
- Elevate, refine and challenge the quality of our concept work, visual output, and programming.
- Lead internal brainstorms on assigned projects, collaborate cross-functionally with other stakeholders.
- Execute and manage branded content for multiple platforms from idea to campaign deliverables with a focus on feasibility, logistics and budget continuity.
- Possess a true understanding of how to craft and execute compelling storytelling through branded content for our brand partners, delivering on their business objectives while finding creative solutions for their biggest brand challenges.
- Collaborate with, strategy, sales, account management and design to drive custom content campaigns, processes, and workflows to success.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement creative timelines.
- Provide departments/heads and clients with project updates.
- Manage creative team’s internal deadlines and distributes work assignments to creative staff.
- Support producers and project managers in creating and managing project budgets, production schedules and staff hours.
- Coordinate and communicate project changes with other departments.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with freelancers.
- Work with Employee Experience and the CIO to source for employee and freelance candidates.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Streamline communication between the Production and Creative teams.
- Guide and support the creative team to work efficiently and to the best of their abilities.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experiential Design experience within an agency.
- Strong strategic thinking skills - not only able to produce innovative ideas in large scope, but also the know-how to execute against strategic vision.
- Strong Video/Content Creation experience.
- Strong writing/copy-writing skills.
What You’re All About:
We won't lie – we know it's a tough gig to fill. But if the challenge excites rather than scares you, keep reading, because you might be exactly the person we need.
- 10+ years of experience in experiential marketing and live large-scale events, with experience in theatrical, live music, touring, original tech innovation, multimedia, and hybrid events
- 5+ years of experience managing creative teams
- Script writing for video and Run of Show development
- Experience overseeing creative on b2b and b2c event marketing plans with contributions in verticals and tactics
- A deep awareness of performance and installation trends, artistry, and technology to create original concepts from the ground up
- Must have a proven track record of impacting brands through event creative projects
- Top performance record and client facing experience
- Experience with channel strategy from a creative perspective is ideal and heavy experience in digital is a huge plus
To apply for this position please respond to this posting with your cover letter, resume/portfolio and salary requirements. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
It is the policy of RedPeg to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, RedPeg will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at RedPeg Marketing