Manufacturing Controller - RedGuard
- Posted: over a month ago
The Manufacturing Controller is a business partner of the manufacturing team and will work directly with the Director of Operations and plant-level management for multiple plants and product lines. You will be accountable for the gross margin of RedGuard and its subsidiaries, which includes the accounting, reporting, and analysis. In this role, you will assist manufacturing management in unlocking the value of RedGuard’s manufacturing assets. You and your Manufacturing Cost Accounting team are responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, enhancing the accuracy of the reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with GAAP. As the Manufacturing Controller, you will also ensure completeness of the recorded gross margin by maintaining an adequate system of records and controls.Responsibilities
- Partners with Direct of Operations and plant-level management to enhance and better integrate cost accounting operations to support effective project reporting and drive the financial outcome of projects.
- Analyzes and communicates product costing, performs labor efficiency and capacity studies, and tracks and reports manufacturing overhead tracking and reporting.
- Reports on BOM accuracy, inventory levels and turn targets and monitor inventory obsolescence and assists in reducing scrap and waste.
- Routinely analyzes financial data and presents reports in an accurate and timely manner to communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to Leadership Team, Ownership, and other Stakeholders when necessary.
- Assists in managing the Company’s audits, specifically as they relate to revenue and cost of goods sold.
- Participate in annual Research and Development Tax Credit data collection and interviews with 3rd party tax professionals.
- Assists in risk analysis for manufacturing forecasting based on economic trends.
- Manages Company risk by assisting in reviews of work proposals and purchase orders and alignment of terms and conditions with Company goals.
- Ensures that fleet assets are accounted for timely and accurately.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Experience with ERP Systems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) with advanced skills in Excel.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with Sage 100 or other Sage applications.
- Demonstrated improvements in manufacturing profitability.
This job does have supervisory responsibilities including the supervision, coaching and development of up to 7 team members. As a people manager, you will coach and develop employees in alignment with company policies and values, using corrective action where needed. You will be the direct contact for team questions and concerns and will support your team to maximize operational success.Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
- Typical office or administrative environment. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manufacturing facilities and service yards require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and adherence to safety rules.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plans + Employer Match
- Discount with the Greater Wichita YMCA
- And more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please provide a brief description of your reasonable accommodation to email@example.com
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location: Wichita, KS
Position Type: Full-time
Travel Requirement: Less than 25%
FLSA Status: Exempt
About The Company
Founded in 1998 as A Box 4 U, RedGuard sets the bar in the design and creation of the most functional, durable, reliable and overall best modular safe spaces on the market. With a company culture focused on safety, RedGuard leaders believe that when there’s a life at stake, good just isn’t good enough. While growing and diversifying, the leaders of RedGuard and LANGE identified a need to create a company for internal support. In 2016, LANGE Shared Services was founded. LANGE Shared Services supports various companies within LANGE with Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology needs.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at RedGuard, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?