Bogart's Restaurant - Kitchen Manager
- Expired: October 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: We take great pride in ourselves here at Bogart's! We think you will agree that we offer the tastiest Mexican fare here in Red Lodge. From pizza to burgers, tacos, burritos, salads, and soups, we need a little help keeping up with the demands placed on a very busy kitchen. If you like to have fun at work, eat well and make a difference in the lives of others...well...you better APPLY right now!
Company Mission: To create great experiences for everyone we meet. To enrich the lives of our staff and guests. To be an integral part of making our community wonderful. To build enduring relationships. To make quality food with real ingredients.
Job Summary: The Kitchen Manager will have culinary and management experience. We're looking for a creative, motivating professional who doesn't mind contributing to prep work or delivering food when necessary, but who won't be afraid to delegate. This manager will work directly with the management team to hire and fire staff, participate in the training curriculum, and pay special attention to sanitation rules and regulations.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures customer satisfaction with efficient and friendly service and high standards for food preparation and presentation
- Orders supplies, food, and ingredients based on menu demand
- Ensure food orders are checked in and properly put away
- Ensures daily prep is complete
- Assists the culinary team as needed
- Organizes and maintains food storage areas are clean and neat
- Assists the General Manager in meeting food and labor cost expectations
- Ensures that safe food handling practices are followed
- Practices and trains to the highest cleanliness standards
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- Establishes procedures for the proper training of new employees
- Praises, rewards, and motivates other employees
- Facilitates proper inventory procedures
- Hires and trains kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
- Works closely with the General Manager to meet scheduling needs
- Builds open communications between kitchen and service staff
- Attends weekly Manager Meetings and monthly Leadership Team training
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Knowledgeable in food preparation practices
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Honest and dependable
- Self-motivated and efficient
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Supervisory Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in the food service business
- Serve Safe Certificate
Physical requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role uses ovens, grills, knives, and mixers, among other restaurant equipment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, and cleaning chemicals. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to long periods of standing.
- The nature of the hospitality business requires employees to work weekends, holidays, and late hours.
Red lodge Hospitality
AddressRed Lodge, MT
Get fresh Kitchen Pride jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.