Red Zone Resources Inc. Fayetteville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $27 Hourly
Provide top tier network maintenance, administration and access control for the local area network/wide area network (LAN/WAN) data communications. Maintain network communication protocols to ensure the network is available to all systems and users. To troubleshoot LAN/WAN network and communications problems. Provide daily proactive network asset and performance analysis, network access control, logging, tuning and management of all switches, routers, virtual private network (VPN) devices and firewall devices necessary for routine network operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical and operational support of the network infrastructure.
- Provide real time monitoring and active deployment of the network infrastructure.
- Provide current network documentation for LAN/WAN network.
- Administer VPN profiles for remote user access.
- Research, analyze and plan network upgrades, new products and peripheral equipment.
- Research, analyze and implement networking components.
- Provide troubleshooting support for all network components.
- Assist with security administration.
- Provide on-call support during off hours and holidays.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESONSIBILITES
- Assist with determining policy and procedures for network application purchases, upgrades and modifications.
- Attend and participate in professional and technical meetings relating to network issues; stay abreast of technological changes or advancements in wide area network; read and interpret technical publications and manuals.
- May assist in providing telecommunication analysis and implement configuration accordingly.
- Act as liaison between Information Technology Department and other departments, vendors, and outside agencies.
- Act as lead worker in multi-department projects involving other technical or professional staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Two years of experience in the operation, technical management and utilization of a LAN/WAN network.
Training: Equivalent to an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Daily operational procedures and maintenance of LAN/WAN technologies.
- Advanced operations of personal computers and telecommunications.
- Design theory as it relates to LAN/WAN networks.
- Debugging and problem determination techniques and products.
- Network analysis of tools, products and documentation.
- Routing and switching protocols.
- Windows server environments.
- Conduct technical research and make formal presentations on summarized findings.
- Develop and recommend cost effective technical systems improvements in hardware and software.
- Maintain confidentiality of data elements in performance of duties.
- Organize, lead and carry out complex projects and present results effectively in oral, written, graphic, or computer generated form.
- Establish and maintain tactful and cooperative working relationships with other city departments, fellow employees, other governmental agencies and the general public.
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- making observations
- communicating with others
- reading and writing
- operating assigned equipment.
Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of:
- communicating orally
- reasoning/analyzing; making sound decisions
- performing calculations
- demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Effectively handle a work environment and conditions which involve:
- working closely with others
- work irregular work hours
- exposure to computer screens.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- sitting for extended periods of time
- substantive use of computer keyboards and other assigned equipment
- transporting and installing computer hardware and associated peripheral equipment
- lifting up to 50 lbs.
Red Zone Resources Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Red Zone Resources Inc.