- Military experience is a plus
- Entry level will be considered
The Field Service/Support Representative is responsible for installing and repairing all systems, training customers on the use of systems, and completing on-site surveys as required.
- Installs and maintains products and systems.
- Maintains accurate parts inventory.
- Maintains daily requirements for documentation, CRM system updates and timely communications.
- Practices safety procedures and incorporates safety standards into all activities.
- Trains customers on the use of systems.
- Works with internal services department to ensure service and installation standards and responsiveness are met.
- Interfaces with customers to resolve installation and service issues.
- Provides site surveys, photos and related documentation for sales/services as required.
- Interfaces with other departments to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness and profitability throughout the installation and service process.
- Works with other field resources and internal departments to meet established goals and objectives while maintaining profitability within the North American Services Organization.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 2 year AA degree in electronics, computer science or networking or equivalent industry experience. Military experience is a plus!
- Experience with electronic test equipment and digital meters
- Hands on experience with EAS or RFID a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Network Certification a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical documentation.
- Understanding of customer requirements.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, e-mail).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to produce quality work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and corrective actions to customers.
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs and 25 lbs overhead.
- Ability to operate a circular saw to cut floors for wire routing.
- Ability to work on lifts, ladders and new and existing construction sites.
- Ability to travel for service or installation projects.
- Ability to travel for service or installation projects. Time in transit approximately 30%.