Inventory Control Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the proper storage, tracking, and distribution of inventory. The individual for this position will track parts, office supplies, on-board food and beverages, and other items. Utilize an established inventory management system to keep track of current stock, distribute items to the appropriate team members, and create reports.
Responsible for ensuring that all stock/inventory areas are clean and tidy, all arriving items are promptly logged and appropriately stored, and that any inventory needs are clearly communicated to your manager.
The Inventory Control Specialist reports to the Materials Supervisor.
The successful candidate for this role will be proficient with the use of all techniques related to inventory control. The candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, motivated, be able to lift and carry items up to 20 lbs. on a regular basis, understand and utilize safety procedures.
- Stock inventory in specified locations, and keep the areas organized, clean and tidy.
- Be open to feedback and feel comfortable making suggestions to improve the inventory system and storage areas.
- Perform physical count of inventory, and update inventory count of parts and materials in the inventory record system.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of the computer-based inventory system and use the system to accurately maintain stock levels and anticipate restock dates.
- Coordinate with the Materials Supervisor on acceptable minmax levels of inventory.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to Materials Supervisor when stock items are low.
- Be able to set daily expectations and hold personnel accountable.
Other duties related to inventory control may be added, and special projects may be assigned. During peak business times, you may be asked to assist with other tasks.
Required Education and Experience:
- One to two years of related experience
- High school diploma
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Fluent in English, with the ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of transportation, distribution, logistics and shipping.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of warehousing and warehouse management systems.
- Nice to have - forklift certification and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Valid passport or ability to obtain one
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening
- FBI fingerprinting background check (NATA)
- Career progression – upgrade and flow through to RWA partners/sister organizations
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans available first day of employment
- 401k program – dollar for dollar match annually to $8,000/$11,000 – No Vesting period
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Red Wing Aviation
AddressBay City, WI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Red Wing Aviation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?