Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester (FSP)
Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications TesterCLEARANCE REQUIRED
U.S. Citizenship with a current or active TS/SCI with Full Scope PolygraphJOB DESCRIPTION
We have an opening for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to provide automated testing support to test potential ART score improvements,test date re-indexing, test UI improvements and to test fixes to data discrepancies.EMPLOYER
Red Rock Government Services - Discover a company you'll love to work for...Red Rock Government Services is a Woman-owned Small Business consultancy providing strategic, IT, financial, and management consulting services to the federal government within the national security environment. We are mission-focused in creating value for our customers and people- focused in providing fulfilling career and growth opportunities for our employees. We offer a generous compensation package with employee incentives, above industry-standard benefits, and a strong focus on work-life balance.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design/develop test plans/scripts using automated testing tools.
- Conduct compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or networks
- Develop, install, maintain, or use software testing programs to address database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Develop and define major and minor characteristics of quality including metrics and scoring parameters and determine requisite quality control
- Create/maintain test defects.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Document defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to developers.
- Monitor bug resolution and track successes.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability, and compliance with standards.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Identify program deviance from standards and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing.
VA Red Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are always searching for strong technical talent to help us serve our DoD and IC customers around the Washington, DC metro area. We are constantly in need of developers, designers, architects, engineers, QA/testers, cyber security specialists and more.
Red Rock Government ServicesHerndon, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.