Red River Youth Academy is recruiting for a LPN to work as a member of our facility’s team. The LPN is responsible for the delivery of quality general and psychiatric nursing care to residents with emotional, developmental or psychiatric disorders; and for ensuring the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Administration of medications in accordance with established safety, hospital & regulatory requirements with minimum medication errors.
- Ensure residents are provided with medical care as needed including referring, scheduling, and arranging transportation for residents for outside medical treatment as needed.
- Update status reports and inform supervisory team of relevant issues.
- Conduct nursing assessments on residents and document outcomes of assessments.
- Attend to the medical complaints and concerns of residents in a timely and responsive manner.
- Schedule medical clinic appointments.
- Ensure lab work is completed in a timely manner.
- Review admissions packets.
- Process admissions and discharges.
- Monitor restraint usage and ensure orders, debriefing, and assessments are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate completion of incident reports and notification of incidents to the Risk Manager and on-site Supervisor.
- Provide health education, including medication information, to residents and their families/referral sources as needed.
- Provide notification of incidents, medical concerns, medication changes to families and referral sources.
- Monitor charts and the chart audit process.
- Ensure the proper operation of medical equipment.
Graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing. Minimum of one year of recent experience with adolescents; psychiatric preferred. ER experience or geriatric care may substitute. Currently licensed as a Registered Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance