Red River Ready Mix LLC.
Location – Shreveport / Bossier
Under the direction of the Plant Supervisor, the Mixer Driver will operate ready mix trucks between plant locations and/or various projects around facility.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer
- Communicate and direct coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals
- Provide appropriate documentation on delivery tickets
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site
- Maintain good customer relations by acting in a professional, courteous manner
Minimum Education and Experience
- Must possess a Class B CDL license or better
- Must have clean driving history and focus on safety
- 2-years’ experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready-Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 12 feet
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Most time is spent outside in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.