The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and make collection calls.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
- Maintain an accurate aging report.
- Assists in processing credit applications for customers.
- Assists in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as ability to learn other accounting software programs.
- Possess a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizations skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Interact professionally with customers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Accounts Receivable experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.