The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for the company.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, reviewing purchase orders, matching delivery tickets and resolving discrepancies.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolutions skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.