- 9 days ago
- $22 to $27 Hourly
Red River Commodities, a producer and packager of a sunflower spread, is currently looking for a highly motivated individual with strong maintenance skills to fulfill an open Maintenance Technician position at our Colby, KS plant. Candidates with experience working with or repairing agriculture equipment, elevator, seed, feed or other grain handling equipment are preferred.
Pay: $22.00 - $27.00 (+ Pay for Skills)
1st Shifts (Monday - Thursday)
The Maintenance Technician is accountable to repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to established safety, predictive, and productive maintenance procedures to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with conveying systems, electrical and control systems, hydraulics, hoists, jacks, welding, fabrication, and industrial equipment installation
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical packaging, processing, roasting and mobile equipment
- Repair/rebuild gear units, air equipment, hydraulic equipment, conveying equipment and other types of equipment as needed
- Perform routine maintenance on plant equipment, building interior and exterior.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation and/or using precision testing devices
- Read technical manuals/blueprints to understand equipment and controls
- Construct foundations for machines, fasten machines to a foundation or other structures using bolts, welds, rivets, etc.
- Diagnose problems quickly to avoid potential shutdowns
- Be able to repair small electrical problems
- Able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to climb ladders daily to heights generally ranging from 4-25 feet
- Must be able to respond quickly to plant for emergencies during off hours
- Perform snow removal and exterior maintenance during winter/snow events prior to plant opening
- Tech School/Trade school education, preferred
- 3-years’ experience with agriculture, feed, seed or grain operations and handling equipment, required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and maintenance or equipment repair experience, preferred
- Grain handling or seed industry experience
- Prior welding classes, courses, or experience
- Industrial electrical experience is preferred but not required
- Willing to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays during peak seasons
- Skid steer and forklift experience required
- Able to climb on a regular basis, no fear of heights
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Red River Commodities and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefit package including Paid Time Off, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.
Red River Commodities
Real EstateView all jobs at Red River Commodities
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?