The Human Resources Coordinator will provide assistance with and facilitate the human resource processes at all business locations throughout Arizona and Texas. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, benefits administration, employee relations/engagement, onboarding, policy implementation, training/talent development, and employment law compliance.
The HR Coordinator will take pride in the company and is attentive to every detail of their job responsibilities while approaching their job the Red Mountain Way on a daily basis.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Focus on overall workplace culture and bringing the Red Mountain Way to fruition throughout the workforce
- Conducts new-employee orientation at headquarters to ensure employees gain an understanding of employee policies, benefits plans, and enrollment provisions
- Processes new hire paperwork and coordinates with the Payroll department to ensure accuracy of new hire data
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Reconciles benefits statements and review billing for accuracy. Resolve discrepancies with insurance carries and payroll
- Assists with annual open enrollment period and arrange for distribution of plan summary materials, required notices and assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for onsite meetings
- Administers FMLA and leave requests
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Generates HR reports related to turnover, performance reviews, employee headcount, anniversary reports, etc.
- Assists with processing of terminations including scheduling exit interviews, preparing termination letters and coordinating meetings
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Create, maintain, organize, and manage employee files
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Manager
- Maintains company organization charts
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
- Files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Assist with employee recognition programs
- Provide employment verifications when needed
- Assist HR Manager with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of HR experience
- Experience in a multi-state, multi-unit operation preferred
- Experience with ADP payroll and HRIS systems
- Knowledge of human resources practices and labor laws in the areas of employee relations, compensation, training, benefits, leave of absences, compliance, etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and experience with other HRIS systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet short deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
We offer a great “Spa-like” work environment along with career growth potential. We also offer competitive salaries, full benefits (including health and dental insurance & matching 401K plans). All team members receive generous employee discounts on our products & services along with other benefits like discounts on cell phone plans, referral bonuses, “Friends & Family” discounted pricing, employee contests, and much more. If interested, please visit our website for more information about us and to apply or reply to this posting.