Security Officer (2nd Shift)
Red Mile Lexington, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The mission of the Security Department is to ensure the physical security and safety of patrons and employees, safeguard assets, and safeguard the property as a whole. The Security Officer performs duties anywhere on Red Mile property to include all floors and locations within the facility as well as the exterior campus as needed. Red Mile Security Officers do not use force to accomplish their mission and do not perform law enforcement duties.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ability to read; speak and write clearly
- Standing at a podium for several hours if needed for greeter duty
- Walking exterior and interior of property to include climbing stairs
- Manual traffic control in parking areas
- Operate a golf cart (policy- requires driver’s license if operating cart) if needed for cart duty
- Operate a motor vehicle (requires driver’s license if operating KRM vehicle)
- Greeting and engaging guests in conversation, treating guests and employees professionally
- Observe for safety and fire hazards
- Escorting employees and assets on property
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance, reporting occurrences and unusual behavior
- Provide general assistance in the event of an injury or incident, summon assistance as needed
- If trained, provide basic first aid and assistance until help arrives
- Recommend and follow emergency procedures in the event of a malfunction, power loss, natural disaster, or any other cause.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting or denying entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; redirecting trespassers, securing lost property.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to two years’ cashier or related experience preferred.
- Must be available to work flexible shift, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
Red MileWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits and lots of room for growth.
Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
1101 Winbak Way LexingtonLexington, KY
Real EstateView all jobs at Red Mile