Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world‐class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of all HHR machines under the direction of department leadership.
- Evaluate machines which fail to hold approved percentages or which fail to reach expectations.
- Perform minor and major repairs on Historical Horse Racing Machines, scheduled and un‐ scheduled.
- Examine all gaming related equipment for evidence of cheating and mechanical malfunctions.
- Keep complete records listing repairs of department equipment in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Keep all lines of communication open, regarding duties.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure maximum machine performance.
- Move and install gaming devices as needed.
- Serve and assist customers in the event of a major malfunction of a terminal.
- Attend to bill or voucher jams or other failures of the terminals.
- Ensure optimum terminal operation by reporting and rectifying any malfunctions quickly.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of terminal technical issues.
- To ensure that any work done meets with the manufacturers minimum requirements. This includes the assembling and disassembling of equipment in strict accordance with diagrams and manuals.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him while on duty.
- To remain informed of new technical evolution regarding terminal repairs and spares.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma required.
- Previous experience in a guest service position required.
- Basic computer skills are required; must be able to operate Historical Horse Racing machines with minimal to no supervision.
- Reading ability required; must be able to read and complete standard forms.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as well as flexible shifts and hours due to business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills; position requires constant interaction with guests.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and or walk for long periods of time and occasionally use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.