Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
HHR Attendants are responsible for promoting outstanding customer service, professionalism, safety and security for their assigned zone on the wagering floor. HHR attendants provide minor repair work to clear HHR machine malfunctions, working closely with the Information Technology (IT) department as needed.
- Continually educates and answers patrons’ questions about HHR terminals, functions payouts and handicapping.
- Consistently walks designated zone to ensure upmost guest service and that the instant racing terminals are functioning correctly.
- Ensures that Instant Racing Terminals are filled with ticket paper to minimize down time.
- Participates in jackpot payout process in accordance with Red Mile policies on payout procedures when necessary.
- Notifies Supervisor or above of any terminal malfunctions.
- Records transactions of malfunctioning terminals; documenting all terminal transactions in the M.E.A.L. book.
- Notifies Supervisor or above of guest disputes and guest needs.
- Notifies Supervisor or above of any suspicious activity on Instant Racing Terminals.
- Maintains current knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Promotes departmental and Red Mile promotions with all guests.
- Promotes positive guest interactions through prompt, courteous, and efficient service while displaying the Red Mile Service Standards.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the wagering floor by clearing refuse and pushing in terminal chairs.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma required.
- Previous experience in a guest service position preferred.
- Must possess basic math skills, previous money handling experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required; must be able to operate Historical Horse Racing Terminals with minimal to no supervision.
- Reading ability required; must be able to read and complete standard forms.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as well as flexible shifts and hours due to business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent guest service skills; position requires constant interaction with guests.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.