Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
Under general supervision of F&B Leadership, washes and sanitizes all equipment and utensils used in food preparation.
- Loads, runs, and unloads dish machine.
- Properly stores all clean tableware and kitchenware.
- Prepares and maintains work areas, making sure there are adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical usage to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Keeps assigned food preparation and production areas clean and safe.
- Properly uses and maintains adequate levels of detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Reports any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Receives and properly store food and beverage product deliveries.
- Buses tables and handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Breaks down boxes, bags and hauls garbage and recyclables to dumpster at designed times and to designated areas.
- Cleans floors, walls, wash tubs, counters, and shelves; cleans mop sink area.
- Properly disposes of grease and garbage left in pots and pans.
- Assist cooks in storing food and supplies; assists in unloading delivery trucks.
- Operates safely and is compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High school or G.E.D preferred.
- 6 months experience in a similar capacity preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to perform basic math skills: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as well as flexible shifts and hours due to business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.