Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
Responsible for the beverage service to patrons and F & B Servers in an assigned service station and/or bar ensuring excellent customer service to further enhance the Red Mile experience.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic beverage and/or non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and procedures.
- Mixes and serves beverages in a service station capacity to Beverage/Food Servers in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Receives, issues and keeps necessary records of liquor inventory and other supplies.
- Maintains a neat and clean bar station on a continual basis.
- Monitors guest alcohol consumption and responds accordingly.
- Keeps sight lines neat and organized.
- Ensures no drinks are served unless entered into POS system.
- Receives payment from patrons and servers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Adheres to established cash control policies and procedures.
- Requests identification to verify age from all guests.
- Answers any guest questions and directs concerns to appropriate management.
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation.
- Completes side work, set up, and closing duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- Previous experience as a Bartender required.
- Reading ability required; must be able to read and complete standard forms.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as well as flexible shifts and hours due to business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills; position requires constant interaction with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.