Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Effectively manages housekeeping operations in reference to cleanliness of all guestrooms, service area, event spaces, public areas and offices at the Inn to meet Red Lion Inn standards of quality. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is also responsible for assisting and monitoring housekeeping and laundry employees in their daily tasks. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper must be able to cover all areas in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper and reports to the Rooms Director and General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approach all encounters with guests & employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Train and supervise the hourly Housekeeping team and coordinate all scheduling to ensure adequate service. Establish proper staffing levels to ensure effective scheduling in alignment with the forecast.
- Plan and schedule proper staffing accordingly based on business needs.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Prepare reports for management information
- Ensure proper inventories and controls are in place with established par levels. Adhere to proper purchasing guidelines and ensure usage is in line with purchases.
- Handle requests from guests in a timely manner.
- Assist in training new members of the housekeeping team
- Assist in cleaning rooms and laundry when needed
- Attending and resolving guest complaints in a timely manner
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and a public area with the maintenance department
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous, and helpful to guests, all other employees and managers
- Assist in inventory management
- Own the lost and found. Contact guests regarding lost & found.
- Help other department managers in the solution of guest-related improvements as they pertain to the housekeeping department
- Communicate thoroughly, thoughtfully, and in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees, and other departments.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees, as well as in the Housekeeping department
- Perform any other duties as required by your reporting manager
- Maintain organized housekeeping closets
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems, standards, and procedures. Ensure opening and closing procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Maintain proper established standards via inspections and walkthroughs.
- Assists in planning professional development and training activities for the team
- Communicates to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space. Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with the Maintenance Department.
- Personally checks all guest rooms after they have been cleaned daily
- Investigates new & improved cleaning instruments and methods.
At least three years’ experience in Housekeeping Management (or related experience at a quality resort or hotel); or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience
Supervisory experience required.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Must have some knowledge of laundry.
Must be proficient in PMS systems, Excel, and Word programs.
Must be guest service-oriented with the ability to work with a variety of people.
Must possess exceptional analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
Must be able to handle stressful situations and performing under tight timelines.
Long hours sometimes required.
Ability to stand and move during entire shift.
Must be able to do lift 20 lbs or more
Red Lion InnStockbridge, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.