Azure Senior Consultant
Red Level Novi, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Azure Consultant
Team: Cloud & Data Center
As a comprehensive technology services company, Red Level delivers advanced cloud solutions designed precisely to our clients’ unique needs – solutions that accelerate growth, reduce costs, and enable collaboration.
Job Description: Are you looking to be a part of a team that encourages you to be creative, take risks, and grow? Red Level is searching for an individual who can co-sell, architect, and implement innovative cloud-based solutions for new and existing clients. Successful candidates will be focused and highly motivated individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail and passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
As an Azure Senior Consultant at Red Level, you will…
- Explain abstract technical concepts of the solution in a business value context.
- Architect, design and deploy Azure Landing Zones (Azure foundation platform) using Infrastructure-as-Code methods (e.g., ARM templates, Terraform and PowerShell)
- Leading both waterfall and agile cloud migrations and cloud transformation projects.
- Following Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) best-practices using Azure DevOps build and release pipelines.
- Contributing to our centralized infrastructure as code base.
- Leading customer facing design workshops.
- Authoring High Level Design (HLD), Low Level Design (LLD) and conceptual design documentation to a high technical standard.
- Provide guidance to clients on Azure platform enhancements, ensuring industry and Microsoft best practice are adhered to.
- Advise and guide clients on technical solutions which meet their requirements.
- Working alongside other practices i.e., Development and security from an infrastructure perspective to architect and implement solutions which meet the client requirements.
- Leading client facing Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) and ability to align these principles to cloud delivery projects.
- Working alongside your peers to outline tasks and estimate effort for Statements of Work (SoW).
- Working alongside your peers to contribute to capability best practices.
To be eligible for the position, you need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT field of study (or equivalent years of experience and industry certifications)
- 3 -5 years of IT consulting and/or implementation experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Microsoft Azure and 365 experience
- Highly driven person who consistently performs well above company or industry norms
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to see the “big picture”
- Commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction, strong listening, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive team environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of on-premises and cloud infrastructure architecture fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in configuring Azure IaaS environments (e.g., Compute, Storage, Networking)
- Demonstrated experience in moving workloads from on-premises environment to IaaS (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows Server 2019/2016/2012
- Strong Active Directory and Azure Active Directory knowledge and skills
To stand out for the position, you should meet some of the following criteria:
- Ability and passion to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage client opportunities and projects
- Ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of our sales and delivery teams
- Ability to drive and influence vibrant internal and external communities through strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Azure technical certification exam(s): AZ-500, AZ-140, AZ-303, AZ-304
- Demonstrated understanding or experience with Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure
- Demonstrated understanding or experience with Azure Cost Management + Billing, Azure Key Vault, Azure Lighthouse, Azure Migrate, Azure Monitor, Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, and/or Azure Sentinel
- Experience deploying, configuring, and/or maintaining other Microsoft cloud services (e.g., Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Windows 10 Enterprise)
What type of experience does the Azure Solution Architect need to be successful in this role?
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering Azure infrastructure, including but not limited to IaaS Compute, Storage, Networks, Monitoring, Management, Backup.
- At least 2 years in a client facing role.
- Experience implementing highly available infrastructure.
- Excellent skills in at least one of following: ARM and/or Terraform.
- Understanding of Management Groups, Subscriptions, Resource Groups, Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Azure Policy for compliance and security, formulating Azure Tagging strategies for cost management + billing and automation purposes.
- Experience implementing Hub-Spoke network topologies, Virtual Network (vNET) peering, Route Tables, Network Security Groups (NSG), Public IP addresses (PIP), Site-to-Site VPN, Azure load-balancers, and Application Gateways Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- Experience in at least two of the following network services - Azure Firewall, Network Virtual appliances (NVA) and Azure Virtual WAN.
- Experience deploying and configuring Log Analytics workspaces.
- Experience implementing Azure Backup and configuring backup polices.
- Experience implementing Azure Key Vault and collecting secrets during the deployment using ARM templates.
- Experience deploying Virtual Machines using specific VM SKU types.
- Experience deploying Virtual Machines using specific Azure Disk requirements including, managed disk types, data redundancy and access tiers.
- Experience deploying Highly Available Virtual Machines using Availability Sets & Availability Zones.
- Experience implementing Azure scaffolding
- Understand Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) topologies, replication, and configuration.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary, incentive pay program, plus excellent benefits package.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Outstanding, award-winning work culture.
- Business casual dress code.
- Remote and Flexible work schedule available.
TechnologyView all jobs at Red Level