At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for an experienced field sales leader to join us as the Vice President of Emerging Technologies (ET), Industries, Global Accounts and Solution Integrators (SIs). In this role, you will report directly to the senior vice president (SVP) of North America (NA) Commercial Sales and you will be responsible for the regional emerging technologies, industries, and SI strategies, developing and implementing the strategies for our emerging technologies portfolios, top NA customers and developing targeted industries and verticals to provide additive growth for the NA region. Your target industries will include healthcare, automotive, energy with retail, and other emerging verticals in subsequent phases. As these industries are preparing to undergo fundamental transformations in their business models in the very near future, you'll help us become the company they turn to and participate in this transformation. You will develop an understanding of our entire emerging technologies portfolio and top customers' industry context to apply Red Hat's portfolio in enabling their digital transformation strategies. We'll also expect you to guide Red Hat's participation with the supporting ecosystem players in these industries to become the infrastructure software provider of choice in targeted solutions and service providers and independent software vendors (ISVs). You will also provide the Voice of the Customer internally to guide future emerging technologies product direction, programs, and investments.
- Exceed revenue growth of +25% year-over-year, expense, and profit-and-loss (P&L) targets monthly
- Lead Red Hat's NA global accounts and development of targeted vertical industries, providing regional account program leadership and strategy to manage these accounts with excellence, delivering on customer success and growing strategic relationships
- Develop and implement the next generation of specialist sales models that fulfill the full potential of our ET portfolio and deliver transformational improvements in solution selling, resource effectiveness, and scale
- Lead the SI team for both channel and solution-based SIs, coordinating with the Global SI team as appropriate
- Provide industry context to map our portfolio to serve as the enabler of business services innovation to guide customers' digital transformation agenda, spanning the spectrum of delivering hybrid cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service and our robust application development portfolio along with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Develop and lead the regional industry growth and ecosystem strategy, enabling the supporting digital ecosystems, including ISVs, SIs, and other platform players that provide software and services to these industries
- Manage and monitor the implementation of the individual product-level investment plans and sales forecasts
- Provide content leadership in the industry context and ecosystem strategy to support the region in building our position in specific industries
- Collaborate with the Product and Marketing teams to build solution and industry-specific initiatives
- Collaborate with Services team to tailor solution and industry-specific consulting and training
- 15+ years of experience in a leadership or management role leading high-performance sales teams in industry solutions, services, and ecosystem development for an enterprise software company or segment leader from a top SI with a proven record of exceeding sales and P&L targets year over year
- Exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to apply strategic and quantitative approach to engage business leaders on business terms and deliver business solutions
- Provide leadership to build value-based executive relationships with top accounts within C-suite, lines of business, and IT
- Combined background in enterprise sales, services, and operations or sales support experience
- Solid customer focus and passion for growth; deep financial and operational understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and net-new growth outside of renewals
- Ability to deliver multiple priority projects with high customer satisfaction in a rapidly changing environment and ability to leverage others within a matrix to build the teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in technology or analytical discipline; master's degree in management is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create, build, sustain, and improve high-performing teams with the ability to empower your team, present an overarching vision, and maintain extremely high standards of delivery
- Ability to achieve or exceed individual objectives while working collaboratively with other leaders for mutual success of NA
- High level of integrity that inspires trust and confidence with the team and customers
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.