At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Insights team in Boston, MA. In this role, you will work as a member of a team responsible for delivering management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. As a developer on the team, you'll write code, review pull requests, fix bugs, experiencing agile development and application deployment with the latest technologies in the field of containers. You'll need to be someone who is smart, friendly, collaborative, and curious, who loves to learn and teach as both a mentor and a mentee.
- Develop new features that support management of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings
- Collaborate and innovate cross-functionally with other engineers and developers to deliver creative solutions for our customers, including product and infrastructure enhancements
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Use agile software development methodologies to quickly adapt to changes in requirements
- Mentor junior team members
- Work with the Quality Engineering (QE) team to ensure that features are tested correctly
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software development and engineering
- Fluent in Python development; 3+ years of experience developing with Python
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, or Red Hat OpenShift; you'll need to be skilled in at least one of these areas and capable of learning the rest quickly
- Experience with agile methodologies and comfortable with rapid iteration and fast delivery
- Deep understanding of REST and experience consuming REST APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting systems like Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, and Amazon CloudWatch
- Knowledge of microservices architectures
- Familiarity with open source software development and experience working with distributed development teams
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.