Public Relations Senior Account Manager - B2B/Tech
Red Fan Communications/Kathleen Lucente Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $68,000 to $78,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
THE PURPOSE OF A RED FAN SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Red Fan Communications is hiring for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas. A Red Fan Account Manager serves as the lead on high-profile accounts with an emphasis on overseeing successful strategy development and execution that leads to retention and renewal. Account Managers are responsible for managing multiple direct reports up to the Senior Account Executive role, establishing performance standards, and reinforcing expectations of success. Account Managers support agency senior leadership with operations and process implementation and achieving revenue goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as senior day-to-day lead for accounts. Design, execute and manage strategies and campaigns for media relations, corporate communications, internal communications, executive thought leadership and crisis communications projects.
- Maintain profitability on accounts by managing team hours and agency resources aligned to budget.
- Lead monthly account planning and activities. Ensure team members execute campaigns and report on progress to client and agency leadership.
- Develop and manage editorial calendars.
- Lead media relations strategy, overseeing pitching and outreach that successfully generates high quality press coverage aligned with client goals and objectives.
- Oversee development of and edit messaging and related collateral created by junior staff including press releases, pitches, briefings, fact sheets, coverage reports and backgrounders.
- Ensure all client-facing materials are accurate, edited and meet Red Fan
- Establish and maintain high-level media, analyst, blogger and influencer relationships.
- Establish the standard for positive working relationships with clients and mentor/coach junior staff accordingly.
- Proactively stay attuned to market trends, instituting process to cascade information and train junior staff.
- Lead client presentations including reporting on campaign proposals, strategy and performance.
- Oversee client renewals and identify areas for account growth.
- Train and mentor junior staff and direct reports to proactively identify areas for additional revenue streams based on client needs and goals.
- Support agency leadership with client success and management, identifying any risks early and developing response plans to successfully address and mitigate.
Agency Leadership and Operations
- Oversee onboarding, training and professional development of direct reports, providing consistent direct feedback, mentoring and coaching to support growth in skills and career advancement.
- Assist agency leadership with rollout and implementation of management decisions, policies and procedures.
- Embrace a Radical Candor management style, holding team members accountable to performance standards and identifying any areas of underperformance, communicating in a timely manner to agency leadership.
- Mentor junior staff, instilling Red Fan values, providing support and guidance in client relations, campaign execution and internal collaboration.
- Identify training needs to design and execute Red Fan University programming, educating staff on best practices and skills development.
- Identify operational needs and gaps in software, tools and resources. Assist in the vetting and selection of new resources.
- Identify areas of improvement in agency processes and work with leadership and staff to implement solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years agency experience, on B2B and technology accounts with a proven track record of increasing responsibility and leadership.
- Minimum two years of experience successfully managing at least two direct reports.
- Extremely level-headed, quick-thinking and adept at remaining focused under pressure.
- Demonstrate a passion for team collaboration and client success.
- Must think critically with limited supervision, effectively managing teams and timelines across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills across all channels.
- Solid writing skills a must.
- Extremely responsive to client and staff correspondence, both during and outside office hours.
- Always at the forefront of industry trends and news, providing proactive recommendations for clients.
- Takes pride in never missing a deadline.
Red Fan Communications/Kathleen LucenteWhy Work Here?
An incredible team of seasoned pros who truly enjoy working with each other. A company with a solid reputation in the B2B space.
Red Fan is the award-winning, full-service, strategic communications partner for dynamic B2B tech brands. Our immersive approach delivers creative leaps and pragmatic progress, building and sustaining brand reputations by pushing the boundaries of traditional and non-traditional communications strategies. We are a new type of agency that combines the best of big and small agency life with global corporate communications expertise for tech and select consumer brands. We’re experts in more than just communications. We’re fluent in SaaS, sustainable technology, supply chain, fintech, healthtech, insurtech, IoT, cannabis, and cybersecurity. Join us!
200 East 32nd StreetAustin, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Red Fan Communications/Kathleen Lucente