We’re looking for a QC Manager to join our team at HQ in Oakland. You will be responsible for organizing, executing, and recording data from daily QC sessions. This position works closely with the Director of Coffee, and Head Roaster, to help achieve target roast/cup profiles.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Director of Coffee, the QC Manager will responsible for organizing, executing, and recording data from daily QC sessions. You must have superb attention to detail, quality, efficiency, organizational and communication skills. Be passionate about Specialty Coffee, provide constructive feedback to our Director of Coffee and support management team as needed.
What you will do:
- Conduct daily production cuppings alongside the Roasting Department.
- Collaborate with Roasting team to ensure standards are being met.
- Log all data into appropriate specified database(s) and spreadsheets.
- Conduct Espresso QC three times a week and then log this data.
- Conduct Drip blend QC two times a week following specified guidelines and log data.
- Assist in processing green samples as prioritized by Director of Coffee includes performing green physicals, entering samples into Cropster using appropriate nomenclature, sample roasting/preparation, setting up cupping, participating in cupping, and gathering/logging all data from cupping session appropriately.
- Assist in the dissemination of that information to appropriate parties.
- Maintain QC inventory of roasted coffee for QC purposes.
- Compile weekly report for QC department to include blend avg/brew reports/roaster preferred profile.
- Keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Work on ongoing R/D projects associated with new products as assigned by Director of Coffee
What you will bring:
- 2-5 years experience working in the specialty coffee industry
- Q Grader license preferred but not necessary
- Experience in the practical application of scientific method is an advantage
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills
- Computer proficiency: experience with Cropster database is a plus
- Passionate about constantly striving to improve coffee quality
- Efficient, with excellent work ethic and willingness to accept responsibility of independent projects.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans (after 60 days)
- CalSavers Retirement savings plan option
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to Coffee Education & Training program
- Drinks at our locations & weekly complimentary bag of beans
- Discounts on Red Bay Coffee food, merchandise, etc.
- Free access to Red Bay Coffee curated events
- Be a part of a beautiful diverse, inclusive, and community driven culture
Red Bay is building a global community through our commitment to sourcing, developing, roasting and delivering our coffee. We envision a world in which coffee is a vehicle for inclusion, social and economic empowerment, entrepreneurship, innovation, and environmental sustainability.