Red Bay Coffee Public Roastery San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BARISTA JOB DESCRIPTION RED BAY COFFEE
We are one of the few Black owned Coffee Roasters in the country! We are coffee lovers, foodies, artists, activists, community, and innovators who love, love, love what we do. We believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success, and being open to ideas and continually improving is a fundamental part of how we work. We are committed to building a workplace where each of us works hard, has fun, and contributes a lot.
- Do you DRINK AND LOVE Coffee?
- Do you have current barista experience min 1 year?
- Do you love working with people and providing excellent customer service?
- Are you reliable, dependable, and enjoy working with a great team?
- Have a genuine interest in the coffee industry and would like to learn more?
- Pay close attention to details and prefer a fast-paced environment?
In the role of a Barista, your responsibilities would include drinking and tasting all our coffee on a daily basis, educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items, and taking orders. While prior experience in coffee is great, it is not a requirement, as long as you drink and like coffee! To be successful in this role, you should have strong customer service skills, enjoy interacting with diverse groups of people, be dependable, reliable, and have a strong interest in coffee. You should also be able to work various shifts, locations, including our mobile van and weekends. Note: This position’s compensation includes an hourly base and tips.
Ultimately, you will ensure we provide an excellent experience for our guests. There may also be additional duties, not outlined that are relevant to the overall scope of your position that will be required in order to work at RBC.
- Greeting customers as they enter, strong customer service skills is a must
- Taste coffee, espresso, and other beverages on a daily basis
- Answering customers questions regarding the drink menu and ingredients
- Educating customers on our drink menu and making recommendations based on their preferences
- Upselling special items and capturing customer order details correctly
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries, and muffins
- Receive and process payments ( cash and credit card)
- Keep the van/bar area stocked and clean at all times
- Ensure brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Maintains a level of calm and patience when faced with stressful situations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Making occasional deliveries to our stores
- Being available from 6 am-6 pm
- Comfortable with working in a hazardous Co-vid 19 environment and potentially being at risk
Benefits we currently offer:
- Paid time off
- Drinks at our locations
- Weekly complimentary bag of beans
- Discounts on Red Bay Coffee food, merchandise, etc.
- Retirement savings plan option
- Opportunity to grow and expand with a growing coffee company
Red Bay is building a global community through our commitment to sourcing, developing, roasting, and delivering our coffee. We envision a world in which coffee is a vehicle for inclusion, social and economic empowerment, entrepreneurship, innovation, and environmental sustainability.
We are a coffee company with an intentional commitment to embed diversity practices into the DNA of our organization and place inclusivity at the forefront of our culture. Women and people of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Related keywords: barista, coffee, specialty coffee
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts all days except Mondays. Compensation is $16.50 - $16.51/hour.
About Red Bay Coffee Public Roastery: Red Bay Coffee Public Roastery is looking for an individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and trustworthy. Learn more about us at www.redbaycoffee.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
Red Bay Coffee Public Roastery
AddressSan Francisco, CA
FoodView all jobs at Red Bay Coffee Public Roastery