Principal Cloud Systems Engineer
Red Arch Solutions (RAS) is hiring for a new, prime contract!
In support of Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) Data Strategies, Chief Information Office (CIO) is deploying a data science environment to support aligned efforts throughout our customer. This will provide users with a modern self-service environment to perform data science related tasks. We will enable this through containerized open source, Government Off the Shelf (GOTs), and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTs) tools. We are looking to enhance data-driven decisions and insights for next-level improvements, to enable execution of swift and appropriate action. Red Arch seeks to provide the Agency a Self-Provisioning Data Analytics Environment (SPDAE) capability. This environment will support users' ability to conduct data science related tasks.
Under this effort, RAS will maintain & improve the Data Science environment to ensure we provide the agency with a modern tool set.
RAS will provide the following to our customer:
- Install/configure software on cloud servers
- Day-to-day operations of the Data Science Environment
- Perform patches
- Ensure the capability functions optimally 24/7
- Troubleshooting and responding to user issues
- Ensuring failover functions are properly configured and optimized for confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all tools
- Utilizing the change management process to ensure all configuration management policies are followed
This opening will have some telework (percentage TBD), onsite is required.
Red Arch Solutions is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to join our team!
Basic Job Duties:
- Architects and designs cloud environment.
- Performs cloud virtualization system setup & engineering.
- Manages the system views. Solves cloud issues.
- Supports Scrum Master task planning and estimation.
- Serve as the senior/lead developer on a given full Software Development Life Cycle project; developing, maintaining and reviewing application architecture throughout the project.
- Serve as the senior/lead developer responsible for the planning and design of infrastructure solutions.
- 20 years experience. 4 years may be substituted for a bachelors degree and 6 for a masters degree
- Experience analyzing cloud requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop cloud system specifications.
- Experience providing expert guidance and direction to senior level cloud engineers and administrators.
**TS/SCI with Poly is required for this position**
All Red Arch Solutions openings require US Citizenship.
Red Arch Solutions is a proven and effective small business integrator and consultant, recognized as a leading provider of IT development to the Federal Government. We offer excellent benefits, including 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, up to 10% 401k contribution, and reimbursement for tuition/certifications. Top of the line PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered.
Red Arch Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. Red Arch Solutions takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Red Arch SolutionsReston, VA
TechnologyView All Red Arch Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.