Forklift Operator -2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Recycling Management Resources (RMR), one of the fastest growing recycling companies in North America, is dedicated to maximizing its client’s revenue generation from recyclable paper.
Become a Valuable Part of Our Team
Our People Are Our Business. Employing talented people who align with our company's purpose and values is key to Recycling Management Resources (RMR) success. At RMR, our most valued assets are our people. Our most valued principle is an uncompromising commitment to the health and safety of those people. RMR keeps safety at the forefront of our business with a comprehensive safety training program, daily safety meetings in all facilities, and a safety incentive program for all employees.
Think P.A.P.E.R: People First, Accountable, Passionate, Ethical, Relentless
Not Ready Yet? Join our Talent Community
Recycling Management Resources is seeking a Full Time Forklift Operator for our facility in Cherokee, AL. The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift or skid steer in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining the production floor to maximize safe production. Shift hours are Monday through Friday 3:30 PM - 12:15 AM, with occasional extended or weekend hours.
How you will make an impact:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Perform pre and post trip inspections of equipment
- Safely Load/unload material from trailers
- Ensure correct quality of material that is handled
- Ensure accuracy and recording of weights
- Implementing all plant safety procedures (e.g. use gladhand locks when entering trailers)
- General plant housekeeping
- Report equipment issues to supervisor/maintenance staff
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years’ experience operating a skid steer and/or forklift
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Required Skills & Competencies:
- High awareness to safety at all times
- Ability to demonstrate proficient operation of forklift and skid steer at the time of interview
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Ability to operate equipment properly and safely
- Strict adherence to OSHA and company policies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a plant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force (Frequent); or a lesser amount of force to move objects (Constant)
- Concentration/Attention to Detail (Constant)
- Vision (Close, Constant)
- Sitting (Frequent)
- Verbal Communication (Frequent)
- Standing (Occasional)
- Walking (Occasional)
- Hearing/Listening (Frequent)
What we offer:
RMR offers a competitive Benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k match, as well as voluntary benefits such as short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off and Holiday pay.
If interested, please apply for immediate consideration, and come join our team!
Recycling Management Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. For more information, please review the "EEO is the Law" Poster.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this website as a result of your disability. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation.
Recycling Management Resources, LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Recycling Management Resources, LLC
Get fresh Recycling Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.