Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise have led to the phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and the key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction
Location: Chicago or Lombard, IL
CAD technician II & III are expected to perform drafting and modeling services and project setup for mid to large size Revit projects and manage drawing appearance, families, and overall model maintenance, as well as, project management tasks on various projects with little/moderate direction from their supervisor and/or designer. We look for dynamic people who are looking to advance themselves and grow within the company and who are willing to further their knowledge and expertise by pursuing various training opportunities. We offer an environment that challenges our employees by working on a large variety of projects. CAD Technicians will be expected to be well versed in Revit, the creation of families & parameters and Revit standards, in addition, pursuing a Revit Architecture Certified Professional Certification. Other typical design work for this position includes work on large Aviation Centric facilities such as Terminals, Hangars, and Cargo Facilities.
- Performing complex Revit and CAD-related work
- Final quality assurance and quality control reviews
- Work with engineers and clients to resolve issues such as clash detection and architectural conflicts
- Maintain/Improve internal CAD/Modeling standards and ability to teach others
- Reading and understanding client BIM standards and specifications, other project-related documents and meeting their requirements
- Data and document entry into various platforms
- Scanning, copying and filing documents
- Maintain Milhouse quality control standards
- Coordinate and adapt to other disciplines
- Report health, safety, and quality issues to management
- Assist management on special projects as directed
- Willingness to learn and utilize code-based software such as Dynamo
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Architectural Visualization software (Photoshop, Illustrator, V-Ray, etc.)
- Five plus years of relevant Revit experience utilizing central models and various collaborations software
- Preparation of Photometrics in a lighting calculation software
- MicroStation experience preferred
- Experience in QA/QC procedures utilizing Bluebeam Sessions
- AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Inventor
- Associates or equivalent degree in the technology field
- AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D experience desired
- Knowledge of civil design and facility design work
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel and relevant project management software
- Proficient in computer graphics
For the thirteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.