Seeking a Toxicology Lab Technician for a full time, direct hire position within a medical laboratory located in Pasadena, TX. Lab is owned by a larger healthcare organization that specializes in Pain Management, Specialty Pharmacy, DME, and Laboratory/Diagnostic services. Position will be located in Pasadena, TX, day shift hours and offers benefits!
- Full time, direct hire role.
- Schedule Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Occasional Weekends
- Pay rate: $17.00-$20.00/hr.
- Lab is located in Pasadena, TX.
- Benefits (health, vision, dental), PTO and Retirement Plan.
- Perform clinical toxicology urine testing (both screening and confirmation methods) as well as all methods the laboratory has currently set up within the toxicology department.
- Perform test procedures on patient specimens adhering to the Section’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate, timely reporting.
- Able to analyze, review and interpret test results for analytical integrity.
- Perform required Quality Control procedures and maintain records to ensure tests are being performed within control limits.
- Initiate any corrective action in the laboratory on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
- Ensure that major automated equipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures.
- Assist in evaluation of new procedures and equipment to provide the physician with the most current laboratory technology.
- Participate in opportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, and training according to the Section Performance Standards to enhance technical skills.
- Manage inventory of reagents and other laboratory supplies to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required with the level of this position.
- Education: BS in Chemistry or Biology
- Experience: 1-year work experience in Toxicology Department or 1-3 years of laboratory work experience.
- Previous experience and knowledge of LCMS required.
For internal use only: MLT; Lab Tech; Laboratory Technician; Medical; Medical Lab; Medical Laboratory; Lab; Laboratory; LCMS