Recruiting in Motion Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Android Engineer - $90-$100k - up to $6k bonus MUST HAVE KOTLIN experience!!!
Job Title: Android Engineer – FULLY REMOTE
A client is building an elite mobile team and are looking for a strong hands-on Android Engineer to join them. This role will be FULLY REMOTE but MUST be able to work EST hours. You will be a key member of the Android team and will be responsible for core customer-facing experiences in their mobile ordering apps.
You will be a hands-on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills. As a part of an agile Android team, you will have unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers and associates! If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial Android features while also improving people’s lives, then this is the job for you!
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles combined with a solid knowledge of multithreading, networking
- Extensive knowledge of offline storage, caching and performance tuning
- Expert level knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Gradle
- Experience with Kotlin is ESSENTIAL as all new features are written in 100% Kotlin
- Experience in developing content rich applications including animation and window transition with Material Design
- Ability to build products with focus on testability, someone who loves test coverage
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in Android.
- Actively participate in growing and coaching of fellow team members.
- Able to dig deeper into Hybrid and native Android codebases.
- Able to understand future business goals from Product Owners and make sure architecture and system design can support those goals.
- Build proof-of-concepts to validate architectural and design choices and evangelize those technical choices to other teams.
- Design and develop scalable and performant architecture for multiple mobile teams.
- Able to understand, diagnose and then solve deep technical and performance issues across the platform.
- BA/BS/MA/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in Android Development with a strong sense of communication and collaboration.
- 2-3 years working with Hybrid apps which includes Cordova or any other Hybrid App approach.
- 1+ years of Kotlin experience a must
Recruiting in MotionWhy Work Here?
RIM offers amazing opportunities for those individuals with strong relationship-building skills!