Our client is a Special Services Provider to the Chemical Industry seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to fill a key role in their Management Team. This is a significant opportunity for the right candidate, as it is a key hire for this mid-tier company. The BDM develops trusting prospective and existing client relationships and is responsible for fostering an outstanding reputation of Company throughout the industries based upon company core values of client satisfaction, commitment, excellence, accountability, integrity, and safety.
The Business Development Manager role requires the individual to be able to identify new market opportunities before they exist, develop strategies coupled with business plans; and can execute these plans and deliver results. This role will grow market position by identifying, defining, developing, cultivating, negotiating and, most importantly, closing business relationships.
• Identify and build sales and business development organization
· Bring, and manage, key client relationships, as well as provide executive sponsorship for some clients. Travel to meetings with clients and partners to develop strategic relationships. Manage overall client expectations and contribute to a high level of client satisfaction.
• Lead growth strategy development for the organization.
· Build and support a Sales and Marketing approach focused on creating long-term business/customer relationships.
• Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals presentations, and marketing materials.
· Participates in go-no-go evaluations, establishes project work plans and reviews pricing estimates.
• Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with clients as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging infrastructure projects and organizational issues.
• Play an active part in the management team and collaborate with other executive peers to support the strategic direction of the Company.
• Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors' performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance
• Identify and develop new business and revenue streams from new and previously under-explored and under-developed initiatives and/or accounts.
• Supports marketing, sales projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
• Leads company capabilities presentations with customers.
• Participation in industry and client organizations, trade shows, etc. as a strategic part of client development
• Develop client relationships through face to face meetings and client entertainment
• Assist company leadership with developing deep client relationships
• Work with or lead Marketing efforts in the development of collateral pieces, web presence and client submittals, as needed
· Advises marketing principals of actions, schedules, prospects, and related activities on continual basis.
• Establishes goals, objectives, strategies, and budget requirements for developing new business.
• Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company's profit and client relationships across Operations and Project staffing levels
• Maintain infrastructure and systems to support the success of the business development program. Lead by example in use of CRM systems and other tools.
• Be responsible for detailed and accurate sales and revenue forecasts (including secured and potential sales, strategic opportunities, competitive analysis, course corrections, market trends, etc.).
• Maintain a culture of success, including highly visible leadership by example; firm professional expectations; discipline in sales process, policy, and pipeline; regular professional development; and collaboration across teams.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
• Be proficient in negotiating contracts through price management (with the support of the legal team) with clients and partners.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Outstanding communicator with a record of executing sales and business plans.
• Ability to motivate others to achieve established business and sales objectives, and to create a culture of achievement and professionalism.
• Experience with running a business, including some level of financial expertise.
• Ability to cultivate company culture.
• Must have proven track record of business development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills expected
• Travel as necessary to perform duties
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar fields.
• Must have at least 10 years of chemical industry experience whether as a direct manufacturer or contract manufacturer (Toller)
• Knowledge of drying of organic aqueous liquids and slurries using spraying and double drum drying methods in the Industrial markets (Oil Field Drilling, Mining, Agriculture, Pesticides, and other)
• Must have at least 5 years of Business Development or Planning experience in the targeted markets
• Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
• Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
• Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
• Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
• Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view