Do you have at least one year of experience as a Medical Scribe or wanting to jump start your career as a Medical Scribe? Recruiting Solutions would love to hear from you as we are seeking a Medical Scribe in the Columbia area for a large, established medical center.
Work to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Ability to perform documentation, gather information, and partner with the physician to deliver efficient patient care.
- Accompanies physician into the patient examination room to transcribe the patient's history, physical exam, and assessment. Plan and document accurately the physician's encounter with the patient and others present.
- Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribes patient orders. MRI, CT scans and surgery orders are tasked to procedure schedulers once approved by physician.
- Documents any procedures performed by the physician.
- Documents patient charges at direction of physician.
- Performs the above functions remotely using Skype as requested and agreed upon by physician.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with physician, staff, and managers.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Certification/License OR experience as a Medical Scribe
- Knowledge of medical and ENT terminology preferred
- Familiarity with physical exam process and ability to record exam details
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to accurately record information
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Communicates effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the computer
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients
- Vision: Visual acuity is adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens
- Other: Requires carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, and sitting throughout a regular work shift