Large S&P 500 Real Estate Investment Firm located in Los Angeles, CA is hiring an experienced Financial Accounting Analyst to support the Accounting and Financial Reporting team within their commercial real estate and investments divisions.
This role provides cross-functional Accounting-wide learning experience alongside the Finance team. The candidate will have the unique opportunity to gain exposure in the various Accounting and Financial Reporting functions, including but not limited to, Property Accounting, Lease Accounting, Transactions, Investment Accounting, Real Estate Development, SEC Financial Reporting, and other functional Accounting groups. He/she will participate in Accounting assignments to assist with accomplishing team goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Will assist Accounting and Financial Reporting teams with various projects on a rotation basis, including but not limited to:
- Property Accounting: Perform month-end close activities, including but not limited to reviewing invoice coding, preparing journal entries, preparing property balance sheet and income statement, analyzing fluctuation analysis, and preparing CAM reconciliation and bank reconciliations
- Lease Accounting: Assist with lease abstract process, including but not limited to preparing lease set-up package, straight-line rent calculations, tenant statements, and rent roll
- Real Estate Development: Assist with project set-up process and month-end close activities, including but not limited to, preparing journal entries for construction accrual and WIP transfer, and preparing monthly construction reporting schedules
- Transactions: Perform purchase accounting analysis, sale analysis, and settlement statement review
- Investment Accounting: Assist with quarterly NAV updates for limited partnership funds, preparing new investment set-up packages, and other ad-hoc investment analysis
- SEC Financial Reporting: Perform ad-hoc analysis and reconciliations to support external reporting requirements such as 10Q/10K and Supplemental SEC filings. Assist with mining data to present useful information for quarterly earnings release
- Other functional accounting groups: Assist various functional accounting teams such as Fixed Assets, Amenities, Treasury, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable with various ad-hoc projects and analysis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required
- 3+ years of related experience required
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles
- CPA desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work with multiple groups and different personalities with ease
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize and meet deadline
Recruiting Resources, Inc.