Executive Director - Facilities Services; $2B S&P 500 REIT - $150s + bonus
Recruiting Resources, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
- February 25, 2023
- $140,000 to $150,000 Yearly
High growth $2B commercial REIT is hiring for an experienced Director of Facilities Operations and Management. The Executive Director – Facilities Services will manage and oversee all areas of building maintenance and be involved in technology and construction support of existing and new assets. Role would include developing standard operating procedures, managing, and hiring third-party engineering teams and supporting the Asset Services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and program for new and existing assets, ensuring regulatory compliance, and engineering best practices are applied to all assets
- Manage competing priorities and allocate and optimize time to ensure targets and timelines are met
- Manage and coordinate service vendor response to tenant work order request for minor repairs and general facility renovation
- Manage and work closely with service vendors, construction contractors, and third-party engineering teams to ensure proper follow thru of work orders, repairs, and maintenance of all assets
- Participate in property operations set-up to include, but not limited to, back-of-house operations, major building equipment commissioning and third-party engineering team onboarding
- Provide technical assist support for facilities maintenance, working with contract service vendors and building engineering teams to correct problematic building system issues
- Ensure accurate maintenance repair logs and records utilizing company systems
- Assure that Regulatory and Compliance documentation including City and Agency required forms and renewals are tracked and completed on time
- Recommend capital improvement and operational changes for existing facilities to further corporate sustainability
- Responsible for proper communication with tenants to ensure maintenance and repairs are handled with minimal disruption to tenant productivity
- Support construction projects to include, but not limited to, work letter administration, tenant plan review, architect and contractor engagement and management, budget and tenant improvement allowance monitoring and project close-out
- Assist in the Company’s development, build-to-suit, expansion, conversion, capital improvement and tenant improvement projects at its office/laboratory properties located within the San Francisco region
- Review and approve consultant, design and construction contracts related to asset maintenance and capital projects
- Provide oversight of building mechanical system monitoring/troubleshooting building mechanical systems with some on-call responsibilities and respond to urgent system failures off hours, if required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or related technical field
- 8+ years of prior experience as a building engineer, or related technical role, is required
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems, system commissioning evaluations, and laboratory support systems design
- Proficient operational and analytic function knowledge of Building Management Systems (Alerton, Siemens, Schneider, Honeywell, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Data Base and Work Order Management Systems required. Familiarity with Angus CMMS system a plus.
- Working knowledge in the field of property management, building design and/or real estate, with an interest in lab space, highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Direct working experience for a commercial real estate developer or owner/developer highly desired
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams). Familiarity with CADD and SharePoint systems a plus
- Client service-oriented attitude a must
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Proficient problem-solving, analytical, and ability to provide prescriptive direction a must
- Knowledge of thermal metering and other utility sub-metering skills
- The expected base salary range for this position is $140,000 USD to $150,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the consideration of many factors, which may include, but are not limited to: the individual’s knowledge, experience, education, qualifications, skills, job location, and the Company’s compensation practices.
Recruiting Resources, Inc.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?