Software Engineering Lead (Series A Startup - Remote)
Recruiting From Scratch Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Their technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
As a Lead Engineer on the Collective team, you will make direct contributions to our codebase while simultaneously managing between 2 to 4 Engineers of various skill levels with a coaching mindset. Ideal candidates have experience as a Team Lead and senior contributor and want to improve their management skills, possibly becoming a full-time Engineering Manager over time, although that is not a requirement.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other contributors in Engineering, Product, and Design to produce technical specifications, documentation and implementation plans for new and existing functionality.
- Collaborate with other Engineers and Engineering leaders to select tools, frameworks, vendors and services to maximize the effectiveness of Engineering efforts.
- Assist in the timely and high-quality delivery of initiatives, product features and capabilities by leading the delivery process and providing reporting to stakeholders.
- Make direct code contributions to the Collective code base and review the contributions of others to ensure code quality and adherence to specifications.
- Monitor and measure the health and continued operation of production resources, the deployment of features, and operational requests to support them.
- Coordinate the efforts of the team across multi-month and multi-quarter projects and initiatives to produce incremental progress across multiple time horizons.
- Assume ownership of one or more specific capabilities of the product and their design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other Engineers beyond those assigned as direct reports.
- Establish and reinforce best practices from the industry and improve the implementation of those practices on the team over time.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to 2 to 4 other Engineers as their primary source for performance assessment and improvement.
- Receive mentoring and coaching from Engineering Management on how to improve your own performance and that of your direct reports.
- At least 9 years experience working on a Software Engineering team with relevant technologies and methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of or specialization in one or more relevant technologies in our stack:
- Less + Semantic UI
- React + MobX
- Django + DRF
- Celery or other task frameworks
- Postgres + Redis
- Experience working collaboratively with cross functional teams and various stakeholders across an organization.
- Experience coordinating other Engineers through the delivery of a complex software project, including maintenance.
- A coaching and growth mindset open to getting and giving feedback and constantly improving yourself and others.
- A strong sense of ownership of and responsibility for your work and that of the team.
- An ability to be adaptable to an ever changing and fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead, Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager or other relevant management experience or education.
- Experience on a team that controlled their own infrastructure, deployments, release schedules and bug triage.
- Experience with an early stage or growth stage startup.
Recruiting From Scratch
TechnologyView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch