Senior Software Engineer (Startup)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.Recruiting from Scratch partners with top companies to help them hire great engineers and product managers. Our clients are backed by top venture funds. About our ClientThey are building a bank for digital creators.
Banks don't understand creators today. Their customers create content for millions as a full-time career but receive poor service and terrible rates from banks, wasting them both time and money. They are building a bank for digital content creators across Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and TikTok, providing them with better rates and savings as their followings grow. We're looking for hungry and ambitious engineers to help us!The Role
Help build zero to one product: conceptualizing, designing, and coding - solving problems that span multiple domains. For example, building a decoupled debit card from scratch, analytics tools to help influencers understand their finances, and savings accounts
Refine current product: building new functionality, refactoring and improving usability and performance. For example, improving our charge card onboarding flow
Create internal tooling that helps us support creators. For example, tools that help with customer support and operations or dashboards that help us understand influencer spending behavior
Refine our underwriting algorithm, helping us to assess digital creators as businesses and to understand the links between social and financial data
Lead integrations with our financial and banking partners. For example, building a savings account product while leveraging a partner's core banking technology
Help drive company and product strategy as we change how creators and influencers do businessWhat You’ll Need
- Ability to learn quickly
- Enjoy picking up new technologies and languages on the go
- A love for solving difficult problems with a team of smart peers
- You're user focused - you love talking to users, learning their pain points, and brainstorming how best to solve their problems
- Prior experience building web applications that have grown quickly and scaled to handle many users
- Fluency with React and consider yourself full-stack.
- Bonus: you're knowledgeable and have previously worked in fintech, with influencers or at a startup
Even if you don't necessarily meet all of these qualifications, please reach out! We're always on the search for great talent and would love to get to know you!Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health insurance
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
- Huge opportunity. Over the past decade, we've seen the democratization of content creation and user-generated content, in part due to platforms such as Instagram and TikTok. Creators have built deeply engaged communities that support their work in a way we've never seen before. As they grow as a business, they need better banking tools and financial products.
- Fascinating problems. Where else do you get to discuss the most recent TikTok trends and the right way to build a financial product in the same day? Financial tools are complicated and creators need a simple experience. Help us bridge the two worlds!
- The right team. Our team has worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG) and social networks (Instagram). We started this company because we want to leverage our experiences to help creators - and hope you do too!
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
Recruiting From Scratch
TechnologyView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch