Senior Software Engineer, Marketing Technology (Series A Startup)
Recruiting From Scratch Kentwood, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Their technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
As part of our passionate team, you will take ownership over technical projects for our Marketing team. You will collaborate with members of the Marketing team to update and integrate the company website (currently Wordpress and Webflow) with our back end tool suite. You will advise on new marketing tool selection, onboarding and integrating any new tools. You will uplevel our reporting capabilities on marketing spend and ad optimization in systems like Facebook and Google Ads. You will drive recommendations for incremental testing, tracking, and attribution as we scale and launch new marketing channels.
- As an extension of the Engineering team partnering with Marketing, you will integrate into the Engineering team along process and execution timelines, participating in the full development lifecycle
- Lead implementation of testing on our existing Marketing tool stack (Optimizely, etc)
- Implementation/testing of all UX/UI proposed changes to landing pages
- Build queries to track testing results + implement recommendations based on statistical results
- Affiliate marketing technical lead including code creation and customized URL with UTM tracking
- Ownership of company website including design + development with Wordpress and Webflow, backend integrations via webhooks, Zapier and similar tools, redirections via Cloudflare and Wordpress, developing CTA Buttons with UTM integrations that are easy for Content Editors to use
- Optimize Hubspot: Maintain and troubleshoot existing integrations with tools, such as Metabase and Salesforce, Implement new integrations via Hubspot’s integration center or API, understand how to get data from other systems, including their own, to help drive Marketing decisions
- Build Analytics capabilities using SQL query requests within Metabase to explore and identify data discrepancies in Marketing reports, provide new reports and dashboards in conjunction with the Analytics team growth, and advising on attribution & tracking metrics
- Google Analytics event tagging, data cleanup, and reporting
- Incrementality testing: drive statistical analysis of cross-channel correlations to help us understand true channel value of our marketing stack
- New marketing channels setup: Funnel tests via Calendly links // landing pages etc., implementation of new pixels and API integrations into Metabase
- Support & Advice team in experimenting with new marketing tools and the technical execution of integrating these tools into our current tech stack and workflow
What we want you to bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with ad hoc SQL queries, especially PostgreSQL
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency
- Must be resourceful, proactive and a strong communicator, capable of breaking down projects and managing them to completion
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possess a high level of integrity
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Able to balance quickly shifting priorities with ambiguous specifications
- Coordinates effort well with Product Engineers
Bonus points if you have:
- Startup experience
- Experience with Hubspot, facebook ads, Google Analytics
- Automation experience between the software systems
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, flexible, fully remote and collaborative work environment
- Home office budget to set up the ideal development environment
- Competitive base pay, incentive compensation, early-stage stock options
- Healthcare Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Team retreats, workshops, gatherings when we get back to the office!
Recruiting From Scratch
TechnologyView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch